ISAF Medal Afghanistan

Nah, actually I think you're just a terminally dull **** dining out on imagined glory.
ha ha ....imagined glory?.... .wow, you really are biting into this shite aint ya?...must have touched a nerve Jimbo .....you're chomping on it like a true base rat defending their role in theatre and trying to put it on par with the grunts. .... and even though we both know that plenty of Corp bods did get down and dirty, you are showing all the signs of a thin skinned biff......

Meh.

Not really. I know what I did on my tour. I know where it took me, and what it involved. I have no need to prove anything to anyone, nor do I judge anyone else who stayed in Bastion without leaving the compound for 4 months.

I'm sorry that you personally feel the need to be so judgemental and contemptuous of anyone who doesnt meet your own version of 'acceptable'. I can only assume this is borne of many months of constant bayonet fighting Taliban in the manner of a Commando Comic.

I would give you a like for that if I could.

Nato Standard 123 is like Marco Polo, he has not told you "half of what he has seen".

I formally awarded mine to my wife in recognition of her managing without me. Kids thought it was sweet, she called me a patronising twat!

I received a medal in the post recently and asked APC Glasgow about ISAF medal, they said to purchase one from elsewhere as they do not hold it but said you are now allowed to wear it.

Still undecided wether to get it mounted or not...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% if I find the paperwork I’ll upload a copy I’ll have it somewhere. PS I am now no longer serving so not sure if that makes a difference but it says you are “permitted to wear the award”.

Last edited:

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
It surprised me as well, at least if anyone asks I can show them I guess.

At the risk of asking a silly question, do you have the OSM Afghanistan also. In that, I believe you can wear the NATO gong if you don’t have the OSM. Not sure what kind of deployment that would cover though.

Yes also have Herrick medal which they are aware of. I’ve read conflicting reports that when you are civdiv you are allowed so may as well

Yes also have Herrick medal which they are aware of. I’ve read conflicting reports that when you are civdiv you are allowed so may as well

As a civvie I doubt the nasty shouty man with the big badge and hurty stick would say anything...

As a civvie I doubt the nasty shouty man with the big badge and hurty stick would say anything...
I like that, however you know as well as I do I will get quizzed, not unless I just carry the letter around, not that it’ll matter once the jars start going down.

I like that, however you know as well as I do I will get quizzed, not unless I just carry the letter around, not that it’ll matter once the jars start going down.

Who by? The medals police?

My tours were in NATO PIDs but still received UK OSM "Herrick" medal and was informed in no uncertain terms that NATO medals were not to be worn.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
colonel_kurtz Medals 30
W Medals 20
S Medals 20