isaf badges

afternoon,

Potential bone question, last time i was out in kandahar 06/07 we had to have the round isaf badges sewn onto our dessies, i'm due out in a couple of weeks and just wondered what the gen was, do I need to take them off and run the risk of having to get them sewn on again (not a biggie, but a bit of a ball ache) or leave them on and look a tw@t because no one else has them anymore?

cheers(bracing myself for incoming)

:D

Leave them on and look like an old sweat for having been there seen it and done it

:D

hmmm, was thinking that, but would rather blend than leave myself open for ridicual and mocking! (im a crab after all!!)

If you are in a post where you work directly for ISAF then you wear the big round badge. If you are in TFH or whatever else then you do not.

hope that answers you q

Ah I see. This could cause problems then as you arealready going to look enough of a cnut. Might I suggest you leave them on.

Ripping off is easier than stitching on.

im aeromed so i work with everybody, was attatched to 3 cdo last time so got a few raised eyebrows wearing the dagger flash instead of the gay 904 eaw one !!

Hello ! I was with 12Bde than posted to HQ ISAF and given the a couple of ISAF badges to sew on. As we all had more sleeves than badges we had them tailored to a velcro strap so we could apply them to whichever shirt or jacket we were wearing. After a month or so even this was a balls ache and then they just didn't appear anymore... :D

I may personally be responsible for the isaf badge shortage, I also only had 2 badges issued, so off I trotted to kaf qm's, the happy stacker there was on his last day in theatre, and thrust at me a bag of 200 badges and told me to pi$$ off, to this day I dont know what to do with them, still, they look better on my shelf than his !

ugly

LE
What purpose do badges serve? Do they make the job any easier than 30 years ago when we didnt have any?

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Blodwyn said:
I may personally be responsible for the isaf badge shortage, I also only had 2 badges issued, so off I trotted to kaf qm's, the happy stacker there was on his last day in theatre, and thrust at me a bag of 200 badges and told me to pi$$ off, to this day I dont know what to do with them, still, they look better on my shelf than his !
Pretty much same thing happened to me on Telic 7 vis-a-vis 7 Armoured Bde's red rat flash. Made a half-hearted attempt to flog them on ebay, but no takers.

ugly

LE
I remember putting up my axes on my ginger drinking suit, made no difference to doing my job either!