isaf badges

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Blodwyn, Aug 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. afternoon,

Potential bone question, last time i was out in kandahar 06/07 we had to have the round isaf badges sewn onto our dessies, i'm due out in a couple of weeks and just wondered what the gen was, do I need to take them off and run the risk of having to get them sewn on again (not a biggie, but a bit of a ball ache) or leave them on and look a tw@t because no one else has them anymore?

cheers(bracing myself for incoming)

2. Leave them on and look like an old sweat for having been there seen it and done it

3. hmmm, was thinking that, but would rather blend than leave myself open for ridicual and mocking! (im a crab after all!!)
  4. If you are in a post where you work directly for ISAF then you wear the big round badge. If you are in TFH or whatever else then you do not.

hope that answers you q
  5. Ah I see. This could cause problems then as you arealready going to look enough of a cnut. Might I suggest you leave them on.

Ripping off is easier than stitching on.
  6. im aeromed so i work with everybody, was attatched to 3 cdo last time so got a few raised eyebrows wearing the dagger flash instead of the gay 904 eaw one !!
  7. Hello ! I was with 12Bde than posted to HQ ISAF and given the a couple of ISAF badges to sew on. As we all had more sleeves than badges we had them tailored to a velcro strap so we could apply them to whichever shirt or jacket we were wearing. After a month or so even this was a balls ache and then they just didn't appear anymore... :D
  8. I may personally be responsible for the isaf badge shortage, I also only had 2 badges issued, so off I trotted to kaf qm's, the happy stacker there was on his last day in theatre, and thrust at me a bag of 200 badges and told me to pi$$ off, to this day I dont know what to do with them, still, they look better on my shelf than his !
  9. Good luck Blodwyn - safe return.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

What purpose do badges serve? Do they make the job any easier than 30 years ago when we didnt have any?
  11. just had the gen from my oppo in theatre, as i suspected, - nobody out there gives a $hit! :D
  12. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Pretty much same thing happened to me on Telic 7 vis-a-vis 7 Armoured Bde's red rat flash. Made a half-hearted attempt to flog them on ebay, but no takers.
  13. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Absolutely fucking nothing
  14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I remember putting up my axes on my ginger drinking suit, made no difference to doing my job either!