Is your AR unit fit for purpose

potter

Old-Salt
They are getting some good feedback on the quality of their articles via the comments, but don't want to release the critical ones....
Hence my echo-chamber statement. Heavily moderated comments serve no-one's purpose. Either have no comments (thus encouraging those who feel strongly about an article to write another one in response), or comments moderated only for offensive language etc.

Has anyone here written an *article* for WR and had it published?

Knowing some of the WR chaps, I think there is less conspiracy than cock-up. It was set up when they had an amount of discretionary time. They are now firmly into OJAR-zone IG2 and SUC assignments, and that time is disappearing. I suspect they’re just not getting around to clearing the comments.

They’ve also been clamped down on by some less-benevolent General Officers who loath the entire idea of ‘public’ PME.

They are getting some good feedback on the quality of their articles via the comments, but don't want to release the critical ones....

When moderating becomes editing...

Which is ironic, as the Wavell Room has been seen to be pro "360 reporting".
I suppose (a bit like requests for more Fitness on Course Evals) they are like many; pro "good stuff" unless it applies to them

When moderating becomes editing...

Which is ironic, as the Wavell Room has been seen to be pro "360 reporting".
I suppose (a bit like requests for more Fitness on Course Evals) they are like many; pro "good stuff" unless it applies to them
The problem with releasing critical comments is that it you are enforcing the fact that the majority of us are completely winging it on a day to day basis.

The problem with releasing critical comments is that it you are enforcing the fact that the majority of us are completely winging it on a day to day basis.
At the risk of sounding almost Stonker-esque, hiding one's dirty laundry doesn't necessarily align with continual improvement goals....

The beef is that they allow sycophantic comments but not critical ones.

I've never seen a comment on a WR article. The user interface is so poor, I tried doing once and gave up.

Latest Threads