Is William Hague's wife getting a bum deal?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biped, Sep 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Rumours are circulating here and there (Guido Fawks, Telegraph etc etc etc), that, not for the first time, William Hague has shown a rather unhealthy interest in young, barely qualified males, to the point of giving them jobs above their pay-grade, whilst passing over better qualified people . . . . . . and sharing a room with his 'driver', and then giving him a job as 'special' advisor.

Now, I'm not going to get into the argument on poofery and whether it's immoral, etc etc.; BUT, he's married to a rather fine filly, and he's supposed to be serving this government. If he's having homo bum love with 'drivers' and then appointing them to positions of authority, while kidding his wife, should he not be removed from whatever position he's in until he sorts out his pecadillos? Cameron is meant to be anti-sleaze is he not?
  2. Guilty until proved innocent?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, the evidence is stacking up, and generally speaking, if Whitehall and Parliament is 'awash with rumours and innuendo', one can be pretty sure that this story is going to prove to be true.

Despite Hague's office rebutting the claim by saying it is spurious and unfounded, they have failed to deny the accusation.

Hague also has history for promoting the oddest people to the position of advisors. In the Welsh Office, eyebrows got raised when he promoted a young, openly homo bloke who was not the best qualified for the role.

I'm trying to be even handed here, because I quite like the bloke in a blokey he's-alright-for-a-beer kind of way, but it's not looking good.
  4. [​IMG]
    William Hague

Jimmy Sommerville
  5. Well I've certainly never seen them in the same room, so you could be right.
  6. Maggie thought he was great when he gave that speech at the Tory conference when he was 16 years old...... destined for greater glory then....

Attached Files:

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Seems like there is a good opportunity here for a good looking young lad such as myself to make some cash.

I'll lure the big gayer back to my hotel room, get some snaps and BAM! News of the World front page and loads of cash for me to spend on getting my hoop re-constructed.

It's a no brainer really, anyone know where I can find the bloke?

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

He's a silly boy if he is playing those games - Labour may be in bits but its media machine is still in good nick. Innocent until proven otherwise though.
  9. Well he used to have a pechant for gymnasiums, especially Lord Jeffrey's in 'Peninsular Heights' on Albert Embankment. Mind you the HAC have a tidy gym, you could always hang out there. Patience is a virtue.
  10. msr

msr LE

11. Are you sure?

12. Isn't it funny how this story is being published on the same day the Blair memoirs are being reported..... hmmm
  13. Of what? Being on the wrong end of snide things like this

Seb Coe splits from his wife after 13 years | Mail Online

If he is gay/bisexual so bloody what.

The unwise appointment of badly qualified candidiate over well an experienced one (for whatever reason) to what should be a heavyweight role must be a real issue for a senior political figure.

It suggests poor judgement and we have seen enough of that in the last Government.
  14. Hague, a nelly? Preposterous idea. Next you'll be suggesting that Michael Portillo's a receiver of swollen goods!
  15. Is William Hague's wife getting a bum deal?

I was hoping for a linky to a video clip.