Is using the FTRS route an acceptable way into the regulars

your thoughts would be appreciated
I believe that FTRS has a time limitions, but it may be a good way to demonstrate your skills.

If you are getting a trained, tried and tested soldier who has the added bonus of maturity and life experience.........I can't see why anyone would object.

Have a look at the quality of some of the FTRS people and then look at what you are receiving from ITC or wherever and I think that you'll agree.
Very good mate of mine went on FTRS in 1996 and has been there ever since, finally claims to have resigned but until he actually returns I don't believe it!
Quite agree. Not entirely sure of the technicalities, but I think FTRS is a
cracking idea, and good on those who take it up.

I don't think anyone will be on a downer for you because you're TA; as I've said elsewhere, it's what you do every day which counts, and unlike your unenlightened brethren you'll be mucking in week in week out, doing phys, ROO/ROS/RPs, and all the rest of that daily grind.

The point about life experience and maturity is also a good one - God knows the modern Army needs a bit of both injected at all levels...
Watch the admin staff - had a couple of NCO's working for me on FTRS who were sold a bit of a line - i.e. told to go back to training if they wished to convert...clearly these 2 did not need to being very competant section commanders. Ensure you get OC's buy-in and they will hopefully support you..
Good luck !