Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is USA becoming "red pilled"?

Is America becoming more conservative?

• Yes

Votes: 49 76.6%
  • No

Votes: 15 23.4%

• Total voters

Ritch

LE
You wouldn't give someone CPR because you thought they might have COVID?

I ended up having to give CPR a few weeks ago to a bloke I found laid out on a pavement. It didn't even cross my mind about COVID-19.

And no, he didn't make it. Massive heart attack apparently.

At that point, Chauvin was just a POS.

By this point, of the 18 formal complaints made against him, (only?) two had resulted in disciplinary action; and to be fair, he had been commended a few times.

There's a rather hearsay observation by his employer that he was quick-tempered, "especially on urban nights" (apparently, "urban" is USA-speak for "black")

So yes, only a POS until he killed someone.

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
You wouldn't give someone CPR because you thought they might have COVID?

Since MeToo! I wouldn't give it to any woman either...

Too many feminists have sued those who saved their lives for sexual assault.

Any evidence for that? I've always been told on first aid course that there has been no issue for people trying to save someone's life in the UK, including broken ribs during CPR.

stacker1

On ROPS
On ROPs
In this election no winner for America

Trump=A Hole
Biden= A Hole

No thanks not going to be part of this shitshow
There are other options in US presidential elections.

stacker1

On ROPS
On ROPs

And you will be using that excuse to stick your tongue down the throat of an unconscious bloke?

By this point, of the 18 formal complaints made against him, (only?) two had resulted in disciplinary action; and to be fair, he had been commended a few times.

There's a rather hearsay observation by his employer that he was quick-tempered, "especially on urban nights" (apparently, "urban" is USA-speak for "black")

So yes, only a POS until he killed someone.

Complaints are really nothing, unless found to be valid - I had multiple complaints in two years. The Complaints were because 'I was racist as they were middle eastern'. But the crime/infraction they were stopped/ticketed for was a good stop.

A huge majority of the taxi drivers were Middle Eastern and thought driving with Iraqi road rules was appropriate.... So yeah, I guess I disproportionately ticketed Middle Eastern males.

Last edited:

Flight

LE
Book Reviewer
And you will be using that excuse to stick your tongue down the throat of an unconscious bloke?

A bloke has to look after himself these days.

Simple things like following the Pence rule at work and refusing to be alone with females.

At the end of the day there are lots of cucks out there, seems it is trendy in weirdo places like London. And if you had a bad day then they'd be on your back rather than Chauvin's.

...but the transcript isn't redacted. I take it you've now read it, realised that it disproves your assertion, and are now looking for another way to deny the available evidence.

Cucking? Please explain.

It's obviously an unintentional killing; Officer Chauvin didn't answer a call and decide "I think I'll kill this bloke here, I should be able to get away with it". But it's only unintentional in the same way that someone decides "I've had way too many drinks, I'm in a hurry, I think I'll drive home through that crowd of schoolchildren" or "I'll throw these bricks randomly off a tall city building, who cares if there's anyone underneath".

It's a restraint technique, banned by many police departments, used upon someone who was begging for his life. He's a professional law enforcement type, who is well aware of the dangers of choke holds, who decided to use it anyway - and then disregarded the pleas of the victims and bystanders. For eight minutes. At best, reckless; at worst, he just really wanted the suspect to suffer.

As you say, wait for the judge and jury. It's a shame that Officer Chauvin didn't, when he decided to be the one to deal out the punishment. Makes you wonder how many other times he behaved similarly, but didn't kill someone.

There was no 'choke hold' used and it is highly unlikely that he was actually being choked in any way. He would almost certainly still have died if Chauvin's knee had been on his shoulder rather than his neck.

stacker1

On ROPS
On ROPs
It's obviously an unintentional killing; Officer Chauvin didn't answer a call and decide "I think I'll kill this bloke here, I should be able to get away with it". But it's only unintentional in the same way that someone decides "I've had way too many drinks, I'm in a hurry, I think I'll drive home through that crowd of schoolchildren" or "I'll throw these bricks randomly off a tall city building, who cares if there's anyone underneath".

It's a restraint technique, banned by many police departments, used upon someone who was begging for his life. He's a professional law enforcement type, who is well aware of the dangers of choke holds, who decided to use it anyway - and then disregarded the pleas of the victims and bystanders. For eight minutes. At best, reckless; at worst, he just really wanted the suspect to suffer.

As you say, wait for the judge and jury. It's a shame that Officer Chauvin didn't, when he decided to be the one to deal out the punishment. Makes you wonder how many other times he behaved similarly, but didn't kill someone.

Was the restraint technique banned by his force?

Everyone begs if they think it will get the copper to stop pinning you down. Ive seen football hooligans break down in crocodile tears so the cops wont arrest them.

The pleas of the bystanders mean **** all, there is already ********* in the UK sticking their oar in when cops are trying to make an arrest.

Your last line, you are right he probably did it many times in the past without killing someone, a cop treating potential criminals in an aggressive manner, I thought thats what the public wanted? (certainly the public on ARRSE when they are moaning how soft the old bill is).

Mattb

LE

The inside of your head must be a scary place.

Or maybe he just had a bad day?

Using an often-banned choke hold for six minutes until the suspect stopped talking and became unresponsive, and then carrying on with the choke for two minutes after that, is not "just had a bad day"...

...not bothering to render first aid (as in, not even check for a pulse) is the point at which you suspect he just didn't GAF.

Does it matter? He's a professional, he knows that even if his force doesn't ban it, others do - and he knows that any bans are because the risk of accidental death is high (see: Eric Garner, or that US Special Forces bloke killed by his supposed "mates").

So carrying on a choke for two minutes after they go limp? That's a bit beyond "oh, it wasn't banned"

Everyone begs if they think it will get the copper to stop pinning you down

Did you read the bodycam transcripts? He started by apologising before they even put the cuffs on him; didn't resist; then he kept on saying "sorry" and trying to explain why he was doing what he did, and apologising for it... he was polite and apologetic until he died.

Last edited:
Using an often-banned choke hold for six minutes until the suspect stopped talking and became unresponsive, and then carrying on with the choke for two minutes after that, is not "just had a bad day"...

...not bothering to render first aid (as in, not even check for a pulse) is the point at which you suspect he just didn't GAF.

I dont think many Cops in the U.S get involved in first Aid - To many wackjobs/diseases/crazy's etc. I think he heard suspects complaining countless times and just disregarded it.

Some cops do regard the public as NHI ( no humans involved) depending on the area they work in.

At the time of the incident the choke hold was legal restraint technique. It has since been banned by the State of Minnesota.

Last edited:

Latest Threads