Is Tony Blair?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by EAGLE1, Oct 17, 2006.

?
  1. A brilliant calculated leader?

25.9%
  2. Unbelievably stupid?

74.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I bet this poll has been done before but go on moderator let it zoom :)

2. You need to add the options: "a lying scheming little shite with a horror for a wife who has lied again and again to the world, and has dumbed down education and increased the number of people dependant on the State in order to be re-elected."

and

"a lying scheming little shite who needs to be shot"

and... well, I'm sure you get the general idea.

3. I believe TB was once described by the American ambassador in London as "the consummate politician". I'm not sure whether this was intended as a compliment.

4. I agree yet I want to maintain my freedom of speech :)

5. Or in need of a neurologist, psychiatrist, an open handed slap or all three?

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I believe that the American Politician was recovering from treatment for tourettes syndrome..... :twisted:

7. Hes a pragmatist.

Unfortunately his sole aim is self gratification. Making hm impossible to understand or comprehend!

Hes the only member of the cabinet without a clear intent.

8. I, for one, appreciate the fact that we have Blair in charge... rather than BUSH.

Oh wait... perhaps Bush is...

9. I have voted for the leader option.

Why? No I am not a full on Islington Liberal.

He has managed to climb to the top of his heap on promises and spin. He has stayed there and made those who bother to cast their vote believe in him enough to keep him in office.

He has succeeded in keeping all of his detractors in line and kept Brown off his back by manipulating the media and his Party members. He has stiffled desention and revolt in the ranks of his party and in the populance.

He has taken the country to war over the wishes of many of the electorate and then sent the services into another conflict. He has kept the official opposition quiet and impotent.

He has had no challenge to the majority of his policies and suffered few defeats in Parliament, a Parliament he has virtually emasculated in respect of it's power to do anything to control him.

Above all he has promised much and delivered nothing.

Indeed the consumate political leader.

To quote another leader he has "Got people to do what they do not want to do and like it" He must have or he wouldn't be leading the longest serviving labour party would he?

The fact that he is a lying scheming smarmy git who I wouldn't trust out of my sight is neither here nor there.