Is this where the term booty originates from ?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Taffnp, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, bootnecks are quite a filthy bunch. Mate in the marines was telling me of similar escapades on base. Hope he got to give her one in the 'rear admiral' for the lads. :D

2. Years ago before serious security was required for military establishments, The Royal Marines camp at Poole was situated next door to Rockley Sands Caravan Holiday Camp. In the mornings there were more Booties exiting the caravans and stepping over the 3ft wire fence for first parade than leaving the barrack rooms. Great posting in those days with all that totty from 'oop north' on their annual 'r&r'.

3. It's still there, although iirc the mahoosive nurses home at Poole General was fairly popular as well. :oops: (the building was mahoosive, not the nurses; well, not all of them)

4. At that time you could walk into the base at Poole through the footpath running through the pads quarters. This changed when the Provo Sergeant was replaced by an Marines MP Sergeant who took one look at the security and threw barbed wire barriers around the place.

5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

My stepbrother was based at Faslane in the 80's,once while on hols,we were waiting outside the wire in my Dads car,for him to finish work.
    Later,when we got back home to Brum,Dad was contacted by the company director as he had been contacted by the Navy cops wanting to know what my dads company car was doing parked outside Faslane!

6. This is pretty standard isn't it? I know plenty of bases where lads have to put birds in the boot, as to get them in otherwise requires an RSM's pass. Good skills I'd say.

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Feck
    One of the appo courses at RAF Cosford in the early 80's had a tart stashed in the single man room adjacent to their 12 man room in the Fulton Block.They used to bring her food over from the NAAFI & the mess.They got rumbled on a room inspection...

8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

IIRC
    There was a lad at Akrotiri who had his bird and kid over on holiday and stashed them in his room for a month or so

9. Had the cloroform worn off?