Is THIS what we want from our police?

#1
These are described as Core Values of the Met Police as announced by Sir Ian Blair. I am finding it difficult to relate them to what I expect from my police. Could they have been better put?
Working together with all our citizens, all our partners, all our colleagues, we will:

- Have pride in delivering quality policing - there is no greater priority
- Build trust by listening and responding
- Respect and support each other - work as a team
- Learn from experience and find ways to be even better

We are one Team Met, we all have a duty to play our part in making London safer.
If you just remove 'policing' it could be the aims of any old bog standard company - plumbers, dog stadiums. etc.
 
#2
personally
catch crims and put old testament type fear into wrong doers
although the goverment might not be to keen on that idea don't need consultants for that mission statement
 
#3
Christ, it sounds like it was written by the same cnut who was responsible for "There's only one team - the Tesco Team!"
Personnaly, I want coppers who make Judge Dredd look like a bleeding heart Guardian reader. But I'm not going to hold my breath. I have very little faith in plod; on too many occasions, I've seen officers take the easy way out and give excuses for not lifting somebody.
Of course, it's not just down to them; our legal system is a pathetic joke. 99% of judges are senile old farts. The other 1% are kiddie-fiddlers.
If you want justice in this country, you have to ignore the law.
 
#4
Had to shout at some "local" plod's last night after they dumped two stray ponie's in my field which promptly started kicking the shti out of the wifes' thoroughbred. Obviously they took the easy route of "lets not bother finding out who these belong to, he looks lonely in there lets give him some company" similar to, "doesn't that young asian guy look lonely in there, lets put this known racist nutter in to keep him company". Awaiting the usual " excuse me sir is this your car?" I put this down to there being no local coppers who have knowledge of their area or officers in rural areas who don't know milk comes from cows.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#5
rockhoppercrab said:
Had to shout at some "local" plod's last night after they dumped two stray ponie's in my field which promptly started kicking the shti out of the wifes' thoroughbred. Obviously they took the easy route of "lets not bother finding out who these belong to, he looks lonely in there lets give him some company" similar to, "doesn't that young asian guy look lonely in there, lets put this known racist nutter in to keep him company". Awaiting the usual " excuse me sir is this your car?" I put this down to there being no local coppers who have knowledge of their area or officers in rural areas who don't know milk comes from cows.
Since when?
Milk comes from Tesco - OK 8)

Wah
 
#6
When are they starting "casual Fridays" then?
 
#7
It sadly is no reflection of the beat cop, who I can assure you has the want to lift the criminals of this world. Like the Army the Police are guided and financed and ordered by the Govt, who sadly have no sense of reality, Chief Constables are similar to the General's of the Army, who are appointed yes men, nothing more, nothing less......
 

Top