Is this what happens when people cannot rely on the Police.

So an armed robber dies when the public take action on their own including a retired and serving officer. I wonder where the blame is going to be pointed...the bloke for carrying out a robbery or the people who restrained him?

Robme

LE
Apparently the scroat was controversial and misunderstood. More like a thug looking to steal anything not nailed down.
No doubt, Mummsie, will be reported soon talking about her little angel who loved his mum. Well the Krays loved their mum, and look what happened to them?

Restrained by who? BLM sniffing around this one for sure.
By a retired police officer who’d been drinking resulting in the death of just another black man who was beaten to death.

Or

By a member of the public who wasn’t prepared to sit by and watch a crime being committed and was confronted by a sizeable looking lad wielding a baseball bat who wasn’t prepared to come quietly.

As I wasn’t there, and nor were the Mail or I assume any jurors, they and I will need to rely on the information as presented.

Also, imho it’s got precisely zero to do with being able to rely on the police as they don’t routinely camp out at the local Co Op waiting for it to be raided. Or you can spin it to say “you can’t rely on the police, even the retired ones not to take the opportunity to beat a black man to death when a thinly disguised excuse presents itself”.

Last edited:
"Speaking on behalf of his daughter, Bryant's niece, he said: 'This may have just been another black man dying in controversial circumstances but to us he was just another son, brother, father and uncle.

'Throughout Shane's life there were times where he was misunderstood. He was an energetic, upbeat, imaginative and creative individual."

Not sure what his colour has to do with it or the 'controversy'.

Some folk will think 8 people requiring a period exceeding 17 minutes is 'excessive' without fully appreciating how difficult it is to restrain somebody who doesn't wish to be restrained in a relatively safe and controlled manner, regardless of the person's levels of physicality.

misunderstood.
This below is from one of the lowlife's family.

Throughout Shane's life there were times where he was misunderstood. He was an energetic, upbeat, imaginative and creative individual.

What is the reckoning he has been misunderstood quite a few times by the police, they identified the corpse from fingerprints.....I wonder why they had his prints on record.

Some folk will think 8 people requiring a period exceeding 17 minutes is 'excessive' without fully appreciating how difficult it is to restrain somebody who doesn't wish to be restrained in a relatively safe and controlled manner, regardless of the person's levels of physicality.
Some of those people will have seen him seconds earlier stamping on the head of someone who had tried to stop him after the bloke fell over and was on the ground so they would have known they were dealing with someone prepared to try and kill them if they gave him an inch.

No loss to society by the sound of it.

So an armed robber dies when the public take action on their own including a retired and serving officer. I wonder where the blame is going to be pointed...the bloke for carrying out a robbery or the people who restrained him?

Well, for an “… extremely muscular …” bloke, he’s another who obviously missed “legs days”. Probably fuelled-up on chemicals and feeling no pain … initially.

964ST

LE
I am a firm believer in „You live by the Sword, you die by the Sword!“ mentality!

He got his come-uppance.

Members of the Public who stand up to this type of „antisocial“ behaviour should be awarded not „condemned“.

We have a police 'service' that largely ignores the type of low - medium level crime that destroys people's quality of life. The courts and prison system (under government direction) largely fail to punish yobs in line with public expectations.

Ordinary people don't take revenge on criminals and social nuisances because the social contract (such as it is) stipulates that the Crown will do it for them on an impartial basis. That agreement is a lot weaker than it was a generation ago and society is not going in a healthy direction.

I am a firm believer in „You live by the Sword, you die by the Sword!“ mentality!

He got his come-uppance.

Members of the Public who stand up to this type of „antisocial“ behaviour should be awarded not „condemned“.

Not the way the acolytes of St George of Floyd see it.

which is fine, as far as it goes, but less fine for those wanting to neither live by the sword nor die by the sword, who get in the way of all the people with swords (on either side).

964ST

LE
Not the way the acolytes of St George of Floyd see it.
But I stated at the start of my post „I“, it’s my opinion which I have the same amount of RIGHT to spew as any other human?

The families and friends of these career criminals (no matter what human status), do not comment until they are held to account. Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters family best fiends tolerate „pikey“ behaviour like it is socially acceptable!! until it is spoiled.

@kinross_special i before e, except after c

turtles survive, but it is not easy for them.

I have absolutely no problem with members of the Public taking matters into their own hands.

It might impel our great and good politicians to tackle the ineffectiveness of the Police and at the very least another anti-social misfit would be taken off the streets.

But I stated at the start of my post „I“, it’s my opinion which I have the same amount of RIGHT to spew as any other human?

The families and friends of these career criminals (no matter what human status), do not comment until they are held to account. Mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters family best fiends tolerate „pikey“ behaviour like it is socially acceptable!! until it is spoiled.

@kinross_special i before e, except after c

turtles survive, but it is not easy for them.

Sadly, the opinions of the sane and non screamy hold little relevance in the woke universe.

It’s tragic for his family that he’s dead and they will be grieving for the loss of their close relative. That’s understandable.

This guy though went out with his pals to brutally rob someone who was earning an honest living. While doing that, he also in the resulting fracas tried to seriously injure someone and the ferocity of his attack could have killed that person.

It’s entirely understandable that people if they can will try to stop the crime and they will defend themselves in that process.

The only person to blame for this death is the would be robber himself and his friends. They made a choice to attempt to commit a crime. They could have tried doing something honest to earn money.

The guy would still be alive.

I hope this isn’t turned into a circus like the gun toting drug dealer who was shot and killed by a police officer episode was in North London several years ago.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Prediction 1: An outcome which says that restraint was necessary and not excessive.

Prediction 2: Riots and accusations of institutional racism.

Truth: Three armed people in black clothing and balaclavas entered a store and, in a pre-planned action, tried to rob it. Local people resisted the criminality and one had his/her head stamped on in the course of performing a civic duty. One criminal, who had attempted to commit a robbery but had definitely committed a serious assault, hit his head during his follow-on attempt to escape and died 'as a result of' being restrained.

What is there to 'misunderstand'?

Last edited: