Is this very good?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by uk7867, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. im doing 3 and half mile just under 30 min. 29min....
    Is this good?

2. Is this fishing for some sort of awestruck response, by any chance? I only ask after seeing your "How many pressups can you do in two minutes" thread- I'm just waiting for you to pop back on there to comment about how much more than anyone else you can do.

Some people on this site will never run that distance at all, let alone in half an hour. On the other hand, there are people on this site that would be disappointed if they could only run that distance in 29 minutes.

Do you think it is good?

3. It's average.

4. Not for you fatty.

5. I have people to do the running for me nowadays :D

6. Feeders, you mean?

7. Hmmmmm

8. A mile and a half should be done in 10 mins, therefor half a mile should be done in 3-4 mins, you add on a little time as you wouldn't run three miles with the same tempo as 1.5 but should no add more than 5 mins. So 10x2+3+5=28. So you are average. You will have to try a damn sight harder if you want to impress.

9. At an eight minute mile pace (not much more than a gentle jog) three and a half miles takes 28 minutes.

On the other hand, if your wheelchair has a puncture three and a half miles in 29 minutes is a great time.

10. And i'll bet that was all down hill too wasn't it?