Is this town council on crack?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Narcissus, Feb 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I really can't fathom what the fcuk Daventry town council are up to?! :frustrated: For anyone that doesn't know it is a small town in Northamptonshire, with more than it's fair share of chavs and wasters, for some reason the council think that building a pretty marinia smack bang in the middle would be a good idea!

The chances are that it will be filled with trollies and stolen cars before they even start to fill it!

Also they want to put in random monorails (seriously it's like that episode of the Simpsons where they are being scamed) and a suspension bridge although there isn't attually a river or any feature that would require such a construction!

Are most other town councils like this or have they been at Afgan's finist?
  2. Here in Dorset the decisions made by planners are very sensible. The only problem (apparently) is that Monkeyworld erect buildings without consent. It looks like your lot are on Afghanistan"s or Columbia"s finest ....... or not-so-fine.
  3. Well, why not. I'm sure the place is a shit-tip at the moment and the new drawings all look interesting.

Better than our council which does f-all and displays zero initiative or imagination.
  4. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I nearly got into a fight with a local councillor.

He took great exception to me telling him that people only served on councils because they were'nt good enough at telling lies to people to become politicians :numberone:
  5. cuckoo!!
  6. probably closer to the truth than you know
  7. Don't live in Lancashire do you? sounds suspiciously like mine?. It's great that they can find funds to spend on designing these projects but try and get them to fill a dangerous pothole
  8. No, most of them are shite. Locally we're now having difficulty distinguishing potholes from traffic calming measures from road repairs - recent "traffic calming" on a fairly steep, rugged track of a road has made it a lot easier to drive down.

If only we had some jazzy drawings and the prospect of a marina and a monorail!
  9. The Whittle arch in coventry is out of place too, less than 100 yards from the two medevil spires.
  10. If ever the phrase "you can't polish a turd" were well illustrated...
  11. Fcuk Me! I had no Idea that existed!

I went to the Lanch so I recognise the background.
    Wasn't there a building there before?
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

13. SL??

It is a real photo, from wiki, I know it from when I was there, it is real.
  14. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

15. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT