Is this town council on crack?

I really can't fathom what the fcuk Daventry town council are up to?! :frustrated: For anyone that doesn't know it is a small town in Northamptonshire, with more than it's fair share of chavs and wasters, for some reason the council think that building a pretty marinia smack bang in the middle would be a good idea!

The chances are that it will be filled with trollies and stolen cars before they even start to fill it!

Also they want to put in random monorails (seriously it's like that episode of the Simpsons where they are being scamed) and a suspension bridge although there isn't attually a river or any feature that would require such a construction!

Clicky

Are most other town councils like this or have they been at Afgan's finist?

Here in Dorset the decisions made by planners are very sensible. The only problem (apparently) is that Monkeyworld erect buildings without consent. It looks like your lot are on Afghanistan"s or Columbia"s finest ....... or not-so-fine.

Well, why not. I'm sure the place is a shit-tip at the moment and the new drawings all look interesting.

Better than our council which does f-all and displays zero initiative or imagination.

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
I nearly got into a fight with a local councillor.

He took great exception to me telling him that people only served on councils because they were'nt good enough at telling lies to people to become politicians :numberone:

Fugly said:
I nearly got into a fight with a local councillor.

He took great exception to me telling him that people only served on councils because they were'nt good enough at telling lies to people to become politicians :numberone:
probably closer to the truth than you know

clownbasher said:
Well, why not. I'm sure the place is a s***-tip at the moment and the new drawings all look interesting.

Better than our council which does f-all and displays zero initiative or imagination.
Don't live in Lancashire do you? sounds suspiciously like mine?. It's great that they can find funds to spend on designing these projects but try and get them to fill a dangerous pothole

brettarider said:
clownbasher said:
Well, why not. I'm sure the place is a s***-tip at the moment and the new drawings all look interesting.

Don't live in Lancashire do you? sounds suspiciously like mine?. It's great that they can find funds to spend on designing these projects but try and get them to fill a dangerous pothole
No, most of them are shite. Locally we're now having difficulty distinguishing potholes from traffic calming measures from road repairs - recent "traffic calming" on a fairly steep, rugged track of a road has made it a lot easier to drive down.

If only we had some jazzy drawings and the prospect of a marina and a monorail!

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Ok, Ok!!

(Neck firmly wound in)

The first pic just looked a little too crisp and clean to be real.

Apologies for being a tool.

At least you're getting something for your money.
Two years ago, whilst parents in their wards were struggling to find the cash to send their kids to college, two Notts. County Councillors used £55,000 of council taxpayers money to get Masters Degrees from Warwick University. The course included an optional six weeks stay in America at a cost of £6,000 each, business class flights and top hotels of course.
Although they were reported to the Standards Board and investigated, they had not broken any rules, although the Council rules have been considerably tightened since this episode.
One of them was deselected later, but the other one is still on the council,
protesting she "did nothing wrong". Legally, perhaps not, but morally it's a different question

clownbasher said:
brettarider said:
clownbasher said:

No, most of them are shite. Locally we're now having difficulty distinguishing potholes from traffic calming measures from road repairs - recent "traffic calming" on a fairly steep, rugged track of a road has made it a lot easier to drive down.
It was revealed in the paper today that one of the motorist magazines has exposed a 'conspiracy' between central/local govt. Apparently Central is instructing councils to clog up traffic as much as they can by extending the time lights take to change at junctions, more pedestrian crossings, increase number of road repairs on main thoroughfares thus blocking them, more speed humpsg measures so that people WILL ACCEPT congestion charges in their areas as a way of breaking the traffic blockage! I have a cunning plan...............