Is this too long to a wait to re-enlist.

Greeting's

I have an issue which has been ongoing for around a year & a half now.

I enlisted & started my training with the Army in December 2008 , After a short time i got placed on what i was told would be 4 week's sick leave which turned out to be 5 month's ...

After i got medically discharged , I had to wait a further 3 months to re-apply again , So i waited the 3 months started the application process again and about 2 months after starting it i just got my medical documents to fill out with my doctor.. why it took that long i have no idea , there wasn't anything to approve at that point.

I then filled everything out and that took to the date of January 2010 , After another 6 months i got a call (finally) stating that my Fitness diary wasn't detailed enough ..so that took 6 months to tell me that.

I was also put in for the wrong job too ..but i "think" thats sorted..

So i was giving another diary for the next 3 months.. but i made some calls and got it for the past 3 months as i just couldn't wait anymore , (as bordem & un-employment is killing me)

So Now up to the date of June the 1st 2010 the diary is away.. and i am still waiting.........................

And waiting............

My main question is , Do you see this alot or is this normal??

Thanks for your messages & help

Pardon?

The army are only takin 100 rejoins next year, not sure if you'll count as a rejoin but recruiting is pretty tight so what you have vomited onto the keyboard doesn't surprise me.

squiddlydiddly said:
Pardon?

The army are only takin 100 rejoins next year, not sure if you'll count as a rejoin but recruiting is pretty tight so what you have vomited onto the keyboard doesn't surprise me.
Well its the longest i have waited in a long time.

So Now up to the date of June the 1st 2010 the dairy is away
No cheese?

1scot1234 said:
squiddlydiddly said:
Pardon?

What, the longest you've waited to rejoin? How odd. In any case, the army is doing pretty well, so well in fact that some ATRs have gone from 3 intakes a week to two half sized ones. Count yourself lucky you're getting a second look. Particularly if you're not pinch point.

squiddlydiddly said:
1scot1234 said:
squiddlydiddly said:
Pardon?

What, the longest you've waited to rejoin? How odd. In any case, the army is doing pretty well, so well in fact that some ATRs have gone from 3 intakes a week to two half sized ones. Count yourself lucky you're getting a second look. Particularly if you're not pinch point.

I guess Your right,

But its taking forever , i mean they lost all my documents then they found them and all these months and going into years of waiting and placing alot of my time into the army , it just seemed odd to me, as it is clear that i want a career with them or i wouldn't have waited this long.

It could just be my afco or adsc thats taking their time..

But thanks for the help

I shall repost when i hear anything back & let you guys know if i get an en-listment date..

But i nearly drop dead with laughter when i say that word.. Date or enlistment.

But anyway..

Hi Guys ,

I phoned On Friday There and asked if they heard anything back And they said my Medical was cleared which is one step , Now all I have to wait on is my 203 its self, But the Recruiter said phone back in about 2 weeks after looking at when my 203 was submitted,

So here's hoping for a short wait !

1scot1234

This does sound like an excessive amount of time. However, as some posters have noted the Army is almost full and I think some recruiters are taking their time because they have no trouble reaching their (small) targets. Anyway, keep chasing them and good luck.

whf

wehappyfew said:
1scot1234

This does sound like an excessive amount of time. However, as some posters have noted the Army is almost full and I think some recruiters are taking their time because they have no trouble reaching their (small) targets. Anyway, keep chasing them and good luck.

whf
Cheers will do , its a shame really , its a job I loved when I was in it and i didn't want to leave on my own accord , I'd be there right now If i had the chance!

Edit: I was reviewing other people with 203's that are just re-enlisting that weren't md'ed and they had a long wait too , so it goes to show there are others

Latest Threads