Is this too controversial ?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by HIGHLANDER_SPY, Aug 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have just read a back number of my old school magazine for 1965 for a bit of nostalgia I came across the following subject by the School Debating Society. The Motion was strangely carried in favour by 14 votes to 2 proving that Freedom of Speech was alive and well in Scotland.

The Motion Was:

WAS HITLER REALLY SUCH A BAD CHAP - OR SIMPLY MISUNDERSTOOD !

After all he cut unemployment and immigration at a stroke .....

2. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

how did you arrive at the conclusion that he was misunderstood then? what was the reasoning behind it?

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I remember speaking to an LEC Dental Nurse in Paderborn, who when the subject of Hitler somehow came up, said " He was ok until he turned mad"
    So decided in for a penny, in for a pound, I ask and when was that.
    "oh, when he invaded Russia" was the reply!

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

she might have a point there. ;)

seriously though, if he hadnt been so keen on shipping off 'undesirables' to camps, and stopped at Poland, would france and england (and then later of course Russia) have been that keen to take him on? he did drag germany out of economic chaos after all.

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I'm very pro his pikey policies. Less so the invasion of the UK policy and concerted attempts to kill both my Grandads policies.

Edit: Just noticed that this isn't posted in the NAAFI. Please ignore the above suggestion that our beloved travelling folk be sent to camps.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I wonder if Pikeys have Padres :)

8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

10. Yes, it is controversial.

I think you should propose a Motion on the subject, H_S. Happy to oppose or second. Or heckle those who do.

11. Thanks WB

The New Motion is

WHICH PSYCOPATHIC DESPOTS FROM THE MODERN ERA ARE WORSE THAN HITLER - AND WHY

12. You were never part of the school debating society; the signs are there to see... :biggrin:
    I'd vote for my current 'supervisor'; a female in her mid twenties, charged with the quality control of the product from fifteen or so old, wise, old, wizened, old consultants. Their speciality is the ghastly risks of travel around the globe and the peculiarities of business in the worst shitholes of the world. Hers is in PMT and one-on-one counselling at inopportune moments, leading to desk-rage and eyeball-pencil-stabbing...

Sorry.

Had to get that off my chest.

What?

13. Gordon Brown. Just because.....

14. You are right about the Debating Society WB, but then again you were in the posher fee paying school a bit down the road from me weren't you

I can think of a similar situation regarding the younger female syndrome - the last one I worked for used her husband's rank even though she was an ex-Corporal but because she had an A Level in English thought she had more experience to criticise our PS reports.

15. And this is the organisation you suggested to me as a haven of peace and tranquility? Sounds as if I had a narrow escape :D

--Glad - on month two of probably a three-month contract on decent day rates.