Is this the REAL announcement for today?

Discussion in 'REME' started by jakeblues68, Feb 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Unless that's the smokescreen for a coup I think you've nailed it.

2. It's come from the Press Association - presumably, somebody on the CGS staff didn't think to embargo the press release until after the briefing had been done.

That or it really is a coup :)

3. Even if a release has been made the COs will still want to ensure that all know the exact ramifications of what is happening.

4. Is this not also pointing to the news story of Military Hospitals are at overflowing point, so can take away some of that burden away.

It's difficult to know due the amount of spin put on just about any story in the media

5. Don't be silly, we don't need military hospitals Louis Lilleywhite told me so.

6. Hope it's a Coup Hope it's a Coup.......only joking

7. This 'spin' is ok but what will be the physical ramifications of this. Its alright saying that you want to find the right solutions for people but who will this be aimed at? Surely, not the guys and girls injured on the current operations. Shouldn't the first people to be given the correct solution be the long term sick, lame and lazy? Or maybe that will be the actual policy? It would be a much easier way to thin the Army out.I await the DIN with baited breath.

8. Coup sounds better

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The real brief is that everyone is being amalgamated with The Rifles. There will be Air Farce Rifles, Naval ones and even a REME Rifles.

10. Some of the long term sick were injured on operations though..... Far from clear cut this sort of thing.

Perhaps on discharge due to injuries caused on war service, soldiers should receive their pension as they would after 22? That was the original concept of being "pensioned off"....

11. But,yes, a Coup would be nice.....

12. why would we have to be paraded for this?

we all thought it would be something drastic.

why can't they just say 'read Soldier Magazine next month - it's all in there...'?

what a load of hype over nothing.

i'm going back on Egyptian PT.

thanks for feck all Mr CGS.

13. Sounds more like a way to re-label downgraded soldiers in a way that allows greater recruitment to replace those who aren't going to be deployable for a long period.