Is this the new UK...sums it up really

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Zeitgeist, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a story taken from a paper today,this could be you in the future!!!

A BATTLE of Britain veteran aged 94 was hurt after being thrown off a bus because his OAP pass was not valid – for another 40 minutes.

Frail Thomas Bleasdale fell flat on his face on the pavement after being frogmarched off the single-decker by the driver.

Thomas suffered a badly-bruised hand and sore knees. The jobsworth driver – in his 20s – has been sacked. Former RAF engineer Thomas had wanted to get on the Number 19 in Preston, Lancs, at 8.50am so he could get into town to go on a mystery tour day out.

But the pensioner’s pass only offers discounted bus travel after 9.30am.

When he said there was nothing on his pass about times, the driver jumped from his seat, grabbed him and threw him off.

Thomas said: “I normally get on the bus into town about 10am and it has never been a problem, but I was going to catch another bus which was leaving the station at 9.25am, so I wanted to get there early.

“It does not say anything on the card about when you can travel and I did not hear the driver say anything when I got on. Next thing he was lifting me out of my seat and getting me off.

“I remember I went flat out on the pavement, someone picked me up and sat me down.”

Passenger ######### said: “We just couldn’t believe it when we saw the driver grab the old man and throw him off. He did not seem too sure on his feet and he went straight down on his face.”

Thomas served in the RAF during the Second World War working as an engineer at Wattisham Airfield near Ipswich in Suffolk.

The incident was captured by on-board CCTV cameras. A spokesman for Preston Bus confirmed the driver has left. He said: “We hope Mr Bleasdale is OK.”

Its disgusting treatment of a vet......sums it up really........ :x :x

2. The driver's been sacked for it. What else do you want?

3. Any ARRSErs in Preston who could make contact with the old boy to see if he needs anything?

4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

5. I want to club the cnut with a baseball bat pierced with nails dipped in my own sh1t. The fact he physically threw a 94 year old off a bus onto his face deserves a solid beating in my opinion. If it is on CCTV why wasnt the scrote prosecuted ??

Has anyone already put this across to E-Goat as he is ex RAF ??

6. I dont want anything, like I said im disgusted thats all. I know what I would do If had been my grandad...but thats another post...

Are you a bus driver !!!!!!

7. Actually I'm just next door in Blackpool, and travel to Preston frequently for work - any ideas how I'd track the gent down?

8. Am I fcuk. I quite agree that the arrsehole responsible for this needs some 're-education', I don't think one tw&t of bus driver 'sums up the new UK'. The driver was a knob, everyone in Britain thinks he's a knob, he got sacked.

9. I dont know if OLDBOLDY can get any of his SSAFA/ British Legion local lads to drop the old boy a line or nip in to see how he's doing. I know that other areas have good volunteers who do that kind of thing.

11. I think this bullying turd may soon come to regret that mornings little act of unpleasentness. I have a feeling that losing his job will shortly be the least of his problems.

Preston is QLR turf. Any of them read this thread yet?

12. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Since the incident was captured on video, why don't the police file assault charges against the driver? Does he (RAF Vet) need to file a complaint with a magistrate/court?

I think if this happened in the USA, there would be a civil suit filed against the bus line and the driver.

13. i want the bus drivers head on a silver plater trimmings and all

14. Probably wouldn't happen in US due to the higher regard Vets are held in.

15. can we tattoo the prophet mohammed on the guys chest and then parachute the scroate into pakistan?