Is this the end of the Liberal Dermocrat party?

What will it be after the next election for the Lib Dems?

• All fit in a bus

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • All fit in a London cab

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • All fit in a Smart Car

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Pass me the cycle clips Boris

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters
Their raison d'etre, AV has been kicked into touch.

They's been routed in the local elections.

They've sold their soul to their followers hated enemy for a sniff of the Westminster trough.

Perhaps they will further dilute and become Lib/Dem/Lab/Con/Green/etc.....

Unless something drastic happens in the next few years, they will remain and I will be voting for them. They have bounced back from worse, and afterall they are still in government.

We could possibly see a change in leadership though.

They can hold their next party conference in Whet's front room, even with his fat corpulent body present.......
At least it'd then give him a genuine reason as to why he's completely unelectable, you know apart from being a utter dribbling twat.

And those mongs are going to be taking turns ****ing up this country for the next 50 years at least
It appears that around 70% of the electorate have decided that is the way things are...... Unfortunately its a democracy, and you have to go along with the majority's wishes no matter what your own views are.

It appears that around 70% of the electorate have decided that is the way things are...... Unfortunately its a democracy, and you have to go along with the majority's wishes no matter what your own views are.
Except on EU referendums when you get to keep voting until you vote yes.;-P

And those mongs are going to be taking turns ****ing up this country for the next 50 years at least
Lib Dems have no-one else to blame but themselves, they went into to government with a party most of their supporters loath, have broken numerous manifesto pledges as part of that government and have now embarrassed themselves by pushing for an electoral reform that apparantly only a third of the public wanted. Clegg's deadweight but they're lacking either the quality of candidates or ones with balls big enough to challenge him.

Unless something drastic happens in the next few years, they will remain and I will be voting for them. They have bounced back from worse, and afterall they are still in government.

They have a leader? (other than the conservative party)

It won't be the end of them but they'll take a hit at the next general election. Wouldn't be suprised if they fractured along broadly Liberal (Orange Book) / SDP lines.

When you say "bounced back" do you mean "beat the greens into 4th. place" or something similar. The Liberals (Lib/Dems) are the whore party that will sell itself to the highest bidder. (Lib/Lab pact anyone?)

I doubt that it will, but even if it was to be then my only comment would be, "One down, another two to go".

First - I am not a Lib Dem, I haven't been for a year.

Now on to the meat. The Lib Dems lost so badly compared to the Tories because the parliamentary party proved to be as dishonest as those Conservatives. The difference between the two is that those who voted Lib Dem in the general election knew that the conservatives couldn't be trusted but are gutted by the betrayal of the Lib Dems.

This is, as ever, a learning experience. It will take the Lib Dems a decade for those lessons to bear fruit in a return to last years results. No wonder Paddy is so pissed off.

First - I am not a Lib Dem, I haven't been for a year.

Now on to the meat. The Lib Dems lost so badly compared to the Tories because the parliamentary party proved to be as dishonest as those Conservatives. The difference between the two is that those who voted Lib Dem in the general election knew that the conservatives couldn't be trusted but are gutted by the betrayal of the Lib Dems.

This is, as ever, a learning experience. It will take the Lib Dems a decade for those lessons to bear fruit in a return to last years results. No wonder Paddy is so pissed off.
I expect you aren't missed by the LD's, after all they seem to be able to lose council elections even without your help.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Still sponging off the rest of us Whet?

It never is the death of the Libs as there is always a hard core of genetically mentally deficient believers in clou-cuckoo land embedded in our society, fervently believing in everything at once.