Is this the best sandwich ever?

I think I may have made an important discovery.

10 minutes ago, felish peckish, I eyed 2 rashers of bacon, 1 egg and 1 potato farl and a loaf of uncut bread.

I made a huge doorstep sandwich consistong of above items, topped with tobasco sauce.

have I just invented the best sandwich?

Busta-Gut said:
NO - Tabasco sauce is SHITE
Concur.

Best sandwich* has to be either a)bacon sarnie,on brown bread,with a liberal amount of red sauce.
b)cheddar cheese & branston pickle on white or brown.
c) salad cream on white bread (try it).
d) turkey,cranberry and stuffing.

*Not including the beloved 'Ovum fidicula pelliculata' :D

you are overcomplicating things

unsliced white crusty bread + a fried egg + some ham + Ketchup = A damn fine sandwich ready in minutes

you can't beat a fish finger and mayo sandwich. Got to be battered fingers though, bread crumbs are just not the same.

What about the Egg Banjo, complete with greasy hand prints?

Sorry but you just cannot beat Ham and cheese. It is the fundamental essence of every sandwich! The principle of Diary (fat) and meat (Protein) is renown all over the world. It is the staple diet of every soldier’s havvy dog box, as they march on their stomach!

You can have substitutes of brie and bacon, Parma ham and gorgonzola, chicken and mayo even egg mayo. But the fact of the matter is that you just can’t beat HAM AND CHEESE……..! I thank you.

White crusty loaf (not sliced)
salted butter (not marge)
Extra strong farmhouse cheddar (from Somerset)
Pickled beetroot (Baxters)
Mayonaise (hellmans, not the light stuff)

And a couple of decent pints of ale.

a curry chip buttie

a local chip shop had this creation balanced with chunky chips, curry sauce batter in a bap, fantastic

however if your making your own

sausage egg mushroom with doorstep bread (for breakfast) egg has to be runny and lashings of TK

failing that traditional egg banjo

White crusty loaf (not sliced)
salted butter (not marge)
Extra strong farmhouse cheddar (from Somerset)
Pickled beetroot (Baxters)
Mayonaise (hellmans, not the light stuff)

And a couple of decent pints of ale.
Sounds good, with this ale? Actually, as a fat, greedy bastard I would have that sandwich AND a pork pie with wholegrain mustard and my favourite ale

ugly

LE
Opposite Wigan station is a bakery that does Pie barms, now add gravy peas and chips and its a cracking barm cake!
Caution it does burn your kyte and fingers but its to be experienced!

Everyone knows the best sarnies are made using Compo Cheese Possessed and Strawberry Jam. Complete with oily thumb print on the out of date stale bread! :D :D :D

I personally favour the black-white-black layering of the classic 'Razzle-Stack'.

door wedgy fresh bread , cathederal extra mature knobbly knees, finely cut spring onions , and the best bit a big dollop of " MARMITE" :twisted: bang it under the George Formby for a few mins , food of Kings, has to be eaten with your finest Port , of course :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Daede The NAAFI Bar 83
A The Intelligence Cell 36
quiller The Intelligence Cell 12