Is this RAF press release for real?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jim30, Jul 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, I'm usually fairly tolerant of the antics of the junior service, but this has to be the worst 'welcome home' press release I've ever seen. Maybe I'm becoming an intolerant old buffoon, but this is a press release lauding the return of the Dambusters. Perhaps it should be subtitled 'fifty shades of crabfat'...

Thrill as you read of the difficult time faced by the families as they had a short wait to see our brave heros to disembark the aircraft; gasp as you hear who a 'show of force' scattered insurgents; weep as you read of the SAC who found it nerve wracking and who didnt want to go, and be proud of the Flight Lieutenant who can now fulfill his long held dream of wearing a pair of jeans.

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | People In Defence | 'The Dambusters' return from four-month tour of Afghanistan

While being away on tour is always difficult for different reasons (I still have PTSD just thinking about the Supreme Catering DFAC in ISAF), but does this really portray the RAF in a good way?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

So they really did have a cake 'n' arse party in the mess.

• Like Like x 2
  3. A non story totally over embelished, That is just about all I have to say about the RAF.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I immediately cringe whenever an Officer, especially a Senior one, refers to those under his command as "guys and girls".

When it comes to presenting the medals will he do so smoking a big cigar & wearing a tracksuit & have them dispensed from a tray which slides out of the arm of his big red chair while he jangles his jewellery?

• Like Like x 13
  5. so millions of pounds have been spent on both training and hardware to turn young Mr. Taylor into and airborne grouse beater

• Like Like x 4
  6. Yep, but nobody hurt, job done :wink:

7. Agreed. Exaggerated and showing an utter lack of class in many areas.

8. or mess kit as it is more commonly known in the RAF

9. not even a mention for the poor jock who had to chase after them and headbutt them to death.

• Like Like x 5
  10. WOW!......I wish I'd joined the RAF!.....

11. i feel sorry for whoever it was that had to write that press release. They have to look at themselves everyday in the mirror

12. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

[FONT=Verdana, Bitstream Vera Sans, Lucida Grande, sans-serif, sans]"However, as the first returning men and women appeared between two Tornado GR4 aircraft..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Bitstream Vera Sans, Lucida Grande, sans-serif, sans]The RAF has outsourced aircraft procurement to the cunts who fucked up security at the Olympics? Has the Daily Mail been told?[/FONT]​

13. Typrical Crabs, end of!

(On a plus note glad to see the Doris in the pic has put on a suitably short skirt, webbing and heels for her heroes return!)