Is this Parachute Regiment Army boxer for real?

PetroHead

Clanker
Back in the day one of SWMBO's besties was the girl that everyone fancied. She had boys trailing after her like puppies and she could have her pick of the litter. But she could never make up her mind and one by one, they all paired off and settled down with other girls, apart from one. He's now decided to try his hand at walting, and started spinning dits about how he used to be in 4PARA. But there are a couple of problems with this, one is that he's colour blind and his ebay-issue beret is a sort of chocolate brown, I don't know what regiment if any really wore those. The other is that around here, everyone knows everyone and their business and there is high tolerance for a bit of harmless eccentricity so noone takes him very seriously. Where was I going with this? Oh yes, he should have come to me for advice first because I could have told him, if he had walted as a Tornado pilot instead he would have finally gotten into her knickers.

Are you saying this guy has invented a time machine?

Are you saying this guy has invented a time machine?

He started this walting business fairly recently, in the last few months, not specifically or even primarily to impress her, but both of them have been single for a while now, and I know via SWMBO that her friend has a thing for the RAF (for some reason!) so this could have been a perfect fairytale ending. Nothing wrong with a bit of role play in the bedroom, he could be Maverick and she could be Iceman?

Last edited:

PetroHead

Clanker
He started this walting business fairly recently, in the last few months, not specifically or even primarily to impress her, but both of them have been single for a while now, and I know via SWMBO that her friend has a thing for the RAF (for some reason!) so this could have been a perfect fairytale ending. Nothing wrong with a bit of role play in the bedroom, he could be Maverick and she could be Iceman?

Well women are strange creatures.
I remember when Facebook first arrived.
I started getting 'Friend' requests from a few girls who I'd known at school, but they had certainly considered me as unworthy.
All a bit suspicious at first.

I met up with one and she was unbelievably keen.
We got on ok chatting, as I would do any other woman.
But it just felt so odd when I said her name to myself.

I had two different feelings when I was with her:
One was just that she was just any other woman as normal. Nothing special. Which was true.
But another part was that she had the name of a girl who had seemed so removed from me.

Just weird how she had changed her attitude so much.

I started getting 'Friend' requests from a few girls who I'd known at school, but they had certainly considered me as unworthy.
All a bit suspicious at first.

I met up with one and she was unbelievably keen.

I can't remember who originally said it, but it was something along the lines of, when people say a child is talented they mean he is a good learner, but when we say an adult is talented we mean he is a good do-er. That transition between being at school and being a grown up catches a lot of people out, the behaviours that got them praised and rewarded are suddenly no longer valid, and vice versa. It's why in so many cases kids who seem like high-flyers go nowhere. When Friends Reunited was launched I bet most of its users were people who realised they'd "backed the wrong horse" if they'd stayed with their school boy/girlfriend or gotten with them later based on the memory of them being popular at school.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
He's now decided to try his hand at walting, and started spinning dits about how he used to be in 4PARA. But there are a couple of problems with this, one is that he's colour blind and his ebay-issue beret is a sort of chocolate brown, I don't know what regiment if any really wore those.
Is this him?
1617018002176.png

Attachments

• 1617017955753.png
    1617017955753.png
    85 KB · Views: 8

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
I can't remember who originally said it, but it was something along the lines of, when people say a child is talented they mean he is a good learner, but when we say an adult is talented we mean he is a good do-er. That transition between being at school and being a grown up catches a lot of people out, the behaviours that got them praised and rewarded are suddenly no longer valid, and vice versa. It's why in so many cases kids who seem like high-flyers go nowhere. When Friends Reunited was launched I bet most of its users were people who realised they'd "backed the wrong horse" if they'd stayed with their school boy/girlfriend or gotten with them later based on the memory of them being popular at school.

Ah, just like Avril Lavigne's "Sk8er boi."

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
@OP - He's full of shit. He spends his time googling military themed websites and uses as much jargon as he can.

I read a bit of his stuff from that link and he is a walting belter.

Back in the day one of SWMBO's besties was the girl that everyone fancied. She had boys trailing after her like puppies and she could have her pick of the litter. But she could never make up her mind and one by one, they all paired off and settled down with other girls, apart from one. He's now decided to try his hand at walting, and started spinning dits about how he used to be in 4PARA. But there are a couple of problems with this, one is that he's colour blind and his ebay-issue beret is a sort of chocolate brown, I don't know what regiment if any really wore those. The other is that around here, everyone knows everyone and their business and there is high tolerance for a bit of harmless eccentricity so noone takes him very seriously. Where was I going with this? Oh yes, he should have come to me for advice first because I could have told him, if he had walted as a Tornado pilot instead he would have finally gotten into her knickers.

Wouldn't a Tornado pilot have their own knickers?

They were trying to spell monkey bars

Close, but no banana this time.. The original training zone at Largo House in1940 was referred to as - 'The Monkey Grove'.

ETA - it was thus described as " men in scantily clad athletic shorts, were swinging in trapezes, walking on balance beams etc. all at double time, with instructors constantly shouting ."

Last edited:

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Close, but no banana this time.. The original training zone at Largo House in1940 was referred to as - 'The Monkey Grove'.

ETA - it was thus described as " men in scantily clad athletic shorts, were swinging in trapezes, walking on balance beams etc. all at double time, with instructors constantly shouting ."
Are you sure that wasn't just an excerpt from @jarrod248 diary of the time?

Latest Threads