Is this Parachute Regiment Army boxer for real?

Pteranadon

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone called Shaun7777 is making some slightly bizarre claims on a military history forum. Waffen-SS physical training - Page 3 - Axis History Forum He equates the parachute regiment to the Waffen SS and describes some unusual naked recruit training. He claims to have served in 2 Para 1979-86 and provides some details. \
I joined 1979, too. B2 2nd B... Bruneval Aldershot. Col was Dennison , . Platoon Commander was Mr Kershaw, Sgt Galloway was Regimental Heavyweight Champ, later became CSM. Lee's were in my section, everyone knows them in the Reg. I ran the old Airborne Brotherhood, for about seven years. Was closed down soon after over allegations made in the press.

Anyone know him? Is he for real?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
If he's missing an upper left second molar, then it was me.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Everyone knows that both the Waffen SS and the Parachute Regiment fight au naturelle, look at Arnhem.

When Freddie Gough was captured the German Officer remarked You are gallant soldiers. I fought at Stalingrad and it is obvious that you British have a great deal of experience in street fighting."

Gough simply replied, "No. This was our first effort. We'll be much better next time."

Someone called Shaun7777 is making some slightly bizarre claims on a military history forum. Waffen-SS physical training - Page 3 - Axis History Forum He equates the parachute regiment to the Waffen SS and describes some unusual naked recruit training. He claims to have served in 2 Para 1979-86 and provides some details. \

Anyone know him? Is he for real?
So, Private Ranadon... are you getting the information you seek? You’d have to admit that Arrse takes waltery very seriously and strives to help walt hunters in every way possible.

I fought at Stalingrad and it is obvious that you British have a great deal of experience in street fighting."
The 6th Army was surrounded at Stalingrad and none of them got out.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Not at the end perhaps but there were a fair few going in and out throughout the battle - Gottfried von Bismarck for one and giving probably the most distinguished display of moral courage I've ever read about in the process:

There were quite a few German soldiers who had been on leave and were unable to return after the sixth army was cut off in November 1942 by the Soviet winter offensive Operation Uranus (appropriate name for this thread title) which led to the sixth army encirclement.

The battle for the city had been going on since August and the Germans were in possesion of nine tenth's of it before being cut off.

Thread drift, but more interesting than the original thread title.

Latest Threads