is this number my army number?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by ben1985, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

start Phase 1 in a couple of months

On my letter from the AFCO with my start date on it had my personal identification number, starts with 3******* and is 8 digits long, it tells me to remember this number and i have completly

is this number my army number?

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

3. magic, no worries the number is learned and I'm just sure i will be reciting it alot during phase 1 :lol:

4. Remeber it in blocks of four. So if your number is 12345678, when asked for your number, say it as 1234...5678.

It'll make it easier for you at a later date.
  5. I found mine quite easy to remember.

Just write it in (non-permanent) pen on your hand and after a few days you'll have it commited to memory.
  6. I'm more of a 3-2-3 man myself... digits 4 and 5 are the same, it sounds better that way, ye dig?

BTW, army number begins with 3? That's a bit high isn't it? have 4 million people joined since me?

T C
  7. numbers are tri-service now. So I guess they just started from 3, than 25knife, fork spoon.
  8. As well as remembering all eight digits, also learn the last four and the last three, the Army's equivalent of shorthand.

Oh, by the way, now you've got your number, you can be proper person on ArmyNet, ARRSE's sister site.
  9. Really? Oh, I'll have a play on there later! I hadn't realised that!
  10. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Also very useful for PIN numbers....first 4, last 4, middle 4, first2/'ll never forget them.

Damn it's serving bods only, thought I'd have another forum site to waste my work time on, but no luck there.

11. If your EX-Forces you can PM someone to get you on, i think its Andy someone.
  12. Also very useful for PIN numbers....first 4, last 4, middle 4, first2/'ll never forget them.

carefull old boy dont loose your bank cards weve got your system sussed H-S
  13. Remember of course the last three, the middle two, how to recite it backwards because it will all help when you are trying to book in p1ssed or when you are patiently waiting to be permitted to exit the gas chamber.
  14. and remember it's always a zero and never an 'O'. There is no such number as 'O'.
  15. With the introduction of JPA early this year (so Ive been informed) the Regimenal numbers jumped from 252xxxxx up to 8 figure numbers starting with a 3xxxxxxx. Wonder who got a sh*t top shelf number of 30000000, you wouldnt get too drunk with that :wink: