is this number my army number?

Hello

start Phase 1 in a couple of months

On my letter from the AFCO with my start date on it had my personal identification number, starts with 3******* and is 8 digits long, it tells me to remember this number and i have completly

is this number my army number?

BW

Remeber it in blocks of four. So if your number is 12345678, when asked for your number, say it as 1234...5678.

It'll make it easier for you at a later date.

I found mine quite easy to remember.

Just write it in (non-permanent) pen on your hand and after a few days you'll have it commited to memory.

Bossdog said:
Remeber it in blocks of four. So if your number is 12345678, when asked for your number, say it as 1234...5678.

It'll make it easier for you at a later date.
I'm more of a 3-2-3 man myself... digits 4 and 5 are the same, it sounds better that way, ye dig?

BTW, army number begins with 3? That's a bit high isn't it? have 4 million people joined since me?

T C

As well as remembering all eight digits, also learn the last four and the last three, the Army's equivalent of shorthand.

Oh, by the way, now you've got your number, you can be proper person on ArmyNet, ARRSE's sister site.

putteesinmyhands said:
As well as remembering all eight digits, also learn the last four and the last three, the Army's equivalent of shorthand.
Also very useful for PIN numbers....first 4, last 4, middle 4, first2/last2....you'll never forget them.

putteesinmyhands said:
Oh, by the way, now you've got your number, you can be proper person on ArmyNet, ARRSE's sister site.
Damn it's serving bods only, thought I'd have another forum site to waste my work time on, but no luck there.

S_R

Sympathetic_Reaction said:
putteesinmyhands said:
Also very useful for PIN numbers....first 4, last 4, middle 4, first2/last2....you'll never forget them.

putteesinmyhands said:
Damn it's serving bods only, thought I'd have another forum site to waste my work time on, but no luck there.

S_R
If your EX-Forces you can PM someone to get you on, i think its Andy someone.

S_R[/quote]

carefull old boy dont loose your bank cards weve got your system sussed H-S

Remember of course the last three, the middle two, how to recite it backwards because it will all help when you are trying to book in p1ssed or when you are patiently waiting to be permitted to exit the gas chamber.

and remember it's always a zero and never an 'O'. There is no such number as 'O'.

The_Cheat said:
[
BTW, army number begins with 3? That's a bit high isn't it? have 4 million people joined since me?

T C
With the introduction of JPA early this year (so Ive been informed) the Regimenal numbers jumped from 252xxxxx up to 8 figure numbers starting with a 3xxxxxxx. Wonder who got a sh*t top shelf number of 30000000, you wouldnt get too drunk with that :wink:

The_IRON said:
The_Cheat said:
[

T C
With the introduction of JPA early this year (so Ive been informed) the Regimenal numbers jumped from 252xxxxx up to 8 figure numbers starting with a 3xxxxxxx. Wonder who got a sh*t top shelf number of 30000000, you wouldnt get too drunk with that :wink:
Private Blogs, Three Hundred Million, Sah!

Would be great!

T C

The_Cheat said:
The_IRON said:
The_Cheat said:
[

T C

Would be great!

T C
True, I would still prefer 300 00 007 though.

Perturbed said:
The_Cheat said:
The_IRON said:
The_Cheat said:
[

T C

Would be great!

T C
But its a zero, not an oh... so you'd have "Three zero zero zero zero zero zero Seven"... and thats pants. :p

T C

The_Cheat said:
Perturbed said:
The_Cheat said:
The_IRON said:
The_Cheat said:
[

T C

Would be great!

T C
But its a zero, not an oh... so you'd have "Three zero zero zero zero zero zero Seven"... and thats pants. :p

T C
How many times are you asked for your full number?
How many times are you asked for your last three?

007 sounds better than zero or 000!

Reply 1=James Bond
Reply 2="you are nothing".

:D