Is this legal? (Ebay again)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Henry_Tombs, Jan 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dunno - I remember an SAA type telling me it was illegal to own a TMH but everything else was allowed.

2. Reminds me of those tw@ts in Belgium who flogged FNs to PIRA having stoll them one piece at a time, so on that basis I'd say no!

Quick call to plod on the matter me thinks...

3. msr

msr LE

"parts have been suitibly deactivated"

The only crime here is the fact that someone want to pay £150 for this junk.

msr

4. :D

5. I remember being told once that it is the rear trigger mechanism that is the most important part of the SA80 everything else (whilst important ) is not considered serious if lost (By civ pol).
    However it would be intresting to find out where he got it from, Its not as if the SA80 is the kind of rifle thats sells on the international arms market.

6. I believe the legislation states "parts integral to the operation" of the firearm are also considered a firearm. Therefore this item is illegal but the plod would have to be a walt or ex-forces to know this is.

NY

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

And the table cover

8. He says they were not issued but in the picture there is a part(In bag) with a demand number on it which is P class, Also there is a Pistol Sear spring. Somethings not right here. :?

Attached Files:

9. As said before in previous threads the green slime are (or so they say) all over this sort of caper and said seller will being watched by MI Bn and RMP et the feds, however it look like a load of old crud to me and the armourer where I work regularly bins shite of this nature where I dunno (backloaded REME bods?)

10. Its all marked up and backloaded to Donington for special disposal.

11. Quote PSNI:

What is a Firearm?

The term "firearm" is defined as a lethal barrelled weapon of any description from which any shot, bullet or other missile can be discharged and includes:

(a)any prohibited weapon, whether it is such a lethal weapon or not; and

(b)any component part of such a lethal or prohibited weapon; and

(c)any accessory to any such weapon designed or adapted to diminish the noise or flash caused by firing the weapon.

“Component Part” in relation to a firearm means –

a)any barrel, chamber or cylinder;

b)any frame, action, body or receiver;

c)any breech block, bolt or other mechanism for containing the pressure of discharge at the rear of the chamber;

d)any part of a firearm which directly bears the pressure caused by firing; and

e)any magazine;

If magazines are firearms then should they not be stored in an armoury? Soldiers would therefore be committing an offence when they take them back to the block. I believe the PSNI may have misinterpreted the leggislation.

12. When commencing Harvest operations in Bosnia, we had to confiscate all weapon associated parts including wooden stocks etc, this was because they were for ex military weapons. I would say that this is not allowed?

13. Now I know cheers mate !