Is this leadership or total bollocks

This is old news now. As covered previously:

1) The article was probably not his main effort so he's probably able to fry his big fish at the same time.

2) He has every right to dictate the standards of dress to Officers under his command.

3) Gary Lineker looks like a cnut.

He might have a point although I wonder if he hasn't got more pressing concerns that need his attention. Manning, cuts, ops & training spring to mind.

He might have a point although I wonder if he hasn't got more pressing concerns that need his attention. Manning, cuts, ops & training spring to mind.

That is exactly my point....

Multi-tasking mate, blokes can do it too.

True but discipline and respect start with self disicpline and self respect...... which was probably what he was driving at albeit obliquely.

True enough, although my point is that maybe he's got nothing else to occupy his time and he's justifying his existence. Anybody from the Arty know him? I presume he's something in the Regt HQ.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Is it important? Is having polished boots and ironed uniforms important? Having creased jackets and shirts won't affect their functionality. Does it matter if empty pouches are left undone if there's nothing in them to fall out? Does it matter if we wander about without headdress? Is saluting important? Does it matter if I don't bother to shave? Are spelling and grammar important?

If you read the original guidance, as quoted in the Gunners forum, you'll see he was directing his comments at YOs who are being asked to represent their Regiment to Potential Officer Candidates.

Of course, this matters little to the outrage bus, so carry on in your own time.

What I find amazing is that Artillery officers need to be told how to tie a tie. And that rubber soled, square toe'd shoes are for cunts.

ehwhat

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
If you read the original guidance, as quoted in the Gunners forum, you'll see he was directing his comments at YOs who are being asked to represent their Regiment to Potential Officer Candidates.

Of course, this matters little to the outrage bus, so carry on in your own time.
Unfortunately, that makes a great deal of sense. Missed the bus again.

What I find amazing is that Artillery officers need to be told how to tie a tie. And that rubber soled, square toe'd shoes are for cunts.
I had to be taught at RMAS - I was tying what I now know to be a windsor knot on that weedy little scrap of puttee that passes for a tie and had no idea how to do it the other and apparently proper way.

Leadership. I am with Mercer and the good Colonel Jenkins on this one. Deeply regrettable that a reminder is necessary, but t’was ever so. J’s “advice” was directed at those responsible for influencing and helping to select the future officer corps of the RA who, as Regt Col, he has responsibility for – junior officers who have already subscribed to the RA’s ethos. At least he has the balls to speak up rather than ignore the issue. There is no shame in setting high standards – they are a reflection of pride and self respect. Nothing that he said is out-dated and, if you read carefully, it was said with a well placed sense of humour.

Latest Threads