Is this leadership or total bollocks

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by bitterandtwisted, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think he had a fair point about Linekers shirts to be fair.....

2. I thought he was spot on, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  3. This is old news now. As covered previously:

1) The article was probably not his main effort so he's probably able to fry his big fish at the same time.

2) He has every right to dictate the standards of dress to Officers under his command.

3) Gary Lineker looks like a cnut.

• Like Like x 6
  4. So NAZI uniforms in the mess, as ususal.

• Like Like x 3
  5. He might have a point although I wonder if he hasn't got more pressing concerns that need his attention. Manning, cuts, ops & training spring to mind.

• Like Like x 1

6. That is exactly my point....

7. Multi-tasking mate, blokes can do it too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. True but discipline and respect start with self disicpline and self respect...... which was probably what he was driving at albeit obliquely.

9. True enough, although my point is that maybe he's got nothing else to occupy his time and he's justifying his existence. Anybody from the Arty know him? I presume he's something in the Regt HQ.

10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is it important? Is having polished boots and ironed uniforms important? Having creased jackets and shirts won't affect their functionality. Does it matter if empty pouches are left undone if there's nothing in them to fall out? Does it matter if we wander about without headdress? Is saluting important? Does it matter if I don't bother to shave? Are spelling and grammar important?

11. Paddy Mercer is running around telling every paper he is a top bloke. Apparently.....

12. I thought it was quite good actually, and obviously meant a bit tongue-in-cheek. There are some quite funny turns of phrase in it, anyway.

Mid-Sommer-Greeting (in case you were wondering)

13. What a fucking fanny.....................Regimental coloured socks,some burgandy cords smart or just looking like a cunt?

14. If you read the original guidance, as quoted in the Gunners forum, you'll see he was directing his comments at YOs who are being asked to represent their Regiment to Potential Officer Candidates.

Of course, this matters little to the outrage bus, so carry on in your own time.