Is this kosher?

I (a never served civvy) was tooling around the internet when I got a notification from a gay hook up site (yes, after Operation Nimrod, with the SAS kicking in doors and spraying their loads everywhere, I was jealous of the Iranian embassy), went and checked the profile and one of the photos looked a bit "walty"

I know bugger all about stable belts (civvy, remember?) but I'm not even seeing a buckle there. Then all the bracelets seems unmilitary, plus the airborne wings on the right arm and the half wing on the left breast seems like unicorn rebadging or psychotically poor walting.

By all means, tell me he's legit, and I must be punished - strip me naked, tie my hands to my ankles and chuck me in a barracks block at Lympstone (pretty please?), but if he isn't, I would like the Waltfinder General do his thing.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-003806.png
    Screenshot_20210904-003806.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 333
I (a never served civvy) was tooling around the internet when I got a notification from a gay hook up site (yes, after Operation Nimrod, with the SAS kicking in doors and spraying their loads everywhere, I was jealous of the Iranian embassy), went and checked the profile and one of the photos looked a bit "walty"

I know bugger all about stable belts (civvy, remember?) but I'm not even seeing a buckle there. Then all the bracelets seems unmilitary, plus the airborne wings on the right arm and the half wing on the left breast seems like unicorn rebadging or psychotically poor walting.

By all means, tell me he's legit, and I must be punished - strip me naked, tie my hands to my ankles and chuck me in a barracks block at Lympstone (pretty please?), but if he isn't, I would like the Waltfinder General do his thing.

Cheers

Why is he walting? Dressing up doesn’t mean fraudulently pretending to be ex forces? Or does his Grindr profile come up when you search ex-forces?

D

Deleted 100463

Just to give a bite to this obvious attempt at a wind up.

The bloke is gen. 7 RHA Army PJI. Has a well known online presence on places like instagram. Also appears on the British Army youtube video on parachute landings too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stable belts with the traditional two straps closure are fastened over the left hip (except foot guards). Out of sight in this image.

RGJ wore stable belts with the buckles at the front of the body the same as you would wear an ordinary belt with the buckle at the front. I’m pretty sure the Rifles wear them the same way.

Not that that is anything to do with this photo……..

Boxy

GCM
RGJ wore stable belts with the buckles at the front of the body the same as you would wear an ordinary belt with the buckle at the front. I’m pretty sure the Rifles wear them the same way.

Not that that is anything to do with this photo……..
Likewise QOY and SNIY to name two more…

Cheers

Might not actually be the bloke in the photo, but someone else using his photo as their profile photo. Quite common practice by scammers on dating sites, I believe.

The considered opinion of the Waltenkommando seems to be that the photo and the gentleman in it is sound - but the individual posting it on A4A might be someone completely different (I wasn't planning on waving my willy at him, but thanks for the reminder)

As for anyone doubting my own integrity (*cough* senor chang *cough*), yes my account is old, I used to lurk a lot, comment some, but never posted because nothing I thought or experienced seemed worthy of a military message board (IMHO being a never served civvy doesn't grant my experience of military matters higher priority or greater credence - but what would a civvy know, eh?)

That's enough grizzling like a toddler, thanks once again for all your help and for putting my mind at ease.

D

Deleted 100463

The considered opinion of the Waltenkommando seems to be that the photo and the gentleman in it is sound - but the individual posting it on A4A might be someone completely different (I wasn't planning on waving my willy at him, but thanks for the reminder)

As for anyone doubting my own integrity (*cough* senor chang *cough*), yes my account is old, I used to lurk a lot, comment some, but never posted because nothing I thought or experienced seemed worthy of a military message board (IMHO being a never served civvy doesn't grant my experience of military matters higher priority or greater credence - but what would a civvy know, eh?)

That's enough grizzling like a toddler, thanks once again for all your help and for putting my mind at ease.
Didn't doubt your integrity, just your intentions, motivations and how much of a genuine account you are.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Stable belts with the traditional two straps closure are fastened over the left hip (except foot guards). Out of sight in this image.
And 15th/19th The King's Royal Hussars

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I used to have a regimental belt to wear with my two's Alien. I seem to recall it had an elephant on the buckle and never knew why. Or have I just dreamt that up :rolleyes:.
As I recalled a few weeks ago on the Regiment group. I dug out my fitted wardrobe to lay new carpet. I found my regimental belt, unworn since 4 July 82 for the presentation of a new guidon by the Colonel in Chief, HRH Princess Margaret, before I transferred out a few weeks later.

Of course I tried it on. Surprised to find I could fasten it after seven years commanding desks in the Rape and Pillage Company and 26 years in Ziviliststraße

Anyway...

Arthur Wellesley's first and hardest battle was at Assaye. The infantry struggled until 19th Light Dragoons saved the day and took the battle honour. Thereafter,

"His Majesty has in consequence thereof been most graciously pleased to approve of the 'Elephant' being used in colours and appointments of the 19th Light dragoons with the word 'Assaye' superscribed."

19th subsequently suffered disbanding in yet another round of cuts, but when 19H were reraised, they took the honours of their precursors. On amalgamation with 15H in 1922, Assaye was adopted as the second regimental day of 15/19H after Sahagùn (15H, 21 Dec 1808 ).

After Options, the elephant with Assaye superscibed is worn by Light Dragoons on the pouch on the shoulder belt.

Last edited:

Latest Threads