Is this Forum Officers Only?

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by Bad CO, Jan 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Do nothing, that should be pretty clear anyway

32 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Change the name of this forum to something better

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  3. Add another forum for all ranks discussion on serious defence topics

9 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Strangely no odd cups of tea of kit-e-kat sandwiches for me. This is because (choose one):

(a) The Troops realised that I was some form of Demi-God sent to walk amongst men, would spot their shenanigans & exact divine retribution;

(b) I was such an all-round good bloke they wouldn't have done anything like that, especially as there were real complete chopper Officers to poison; or

(c) Whatever they did wrong I was always in more trouble and my repeated military faux pas made them laugh. Therefore they would not risk me leaving in a hissy fit, thus depriving them of entertainment & top cover...

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

It is sometimes interesting to get the view of officers speaking in an officers forum. So long as they are not speaking out of their comfort zone and opining that twin vents in a Harris tweed jacket is acceptable in the modern world or balderdash of that nature.

3. Stop digging! :)

4. Never have the brown windsor soup in the mess.

5. Life in the RTR was so much simpler we knew when we had been given a shit sandwich and when to eat it.

6. Shudder! You probably had to make it yourself too...

7. No we bought it along with our pint of stout at the cash bar.

8. Keep it as is (i.e. it is inferred it's open to all to contribute). It's naturally self-selecting as the best run entities always are.

Alternatively, the Waltenkommando may need to recruit a few bods if we are to submit our name, rank and number for forensic investigation for entry into the hallowed gates.

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

This poll closes tomorrow (if BadCO remembers!! :) )

The poll is clear in that 65% have gone for status quo and 35% for change of some sort. I have to say that I don't feel that this is reflected in the actual posts.

So with a very clear 2 to 1 for no change, when is the new forum opening?

Still time for people (including non commissioned bods) to have a say in this new fangled theory for ARRSE - a democratic vote!