Is this for real??

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Adam(KOS), Nov 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

2. [quote="BipedI never could add minus numbers, which explains my bank balance.[/quote]

That makes you an ideal candidate for a job with the current Govt then Biped. :roll:

3. Oh dear :roll: Perhaps they could change the card to minus IQ's, who is the thickest chav, it'd keep them occupied for hours :roll:

4. What a revelation, "stupid people buy scratch cards" who'd have thought it?

5. Posting this in the 'intelligence cell' was a bit ironic as well I suppose :roll:

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

May I just add: "Doh!"?

7. Indeed - and some of them manage to get jobs as journalists.

It's funny, until you realise that 15 million is about a quarter of the adult population. OECD published a report stating that Britain (and - more specifically - England) has the highest proportion of unskilled workers in the developed world.

This is despite the fact that most of them have first class honours degrees from some place that used to be a nursery school till Blair upgraded it to university status.

8. Although this article is funny in a way it is also very worrying.

I do believe that at age 11ish, I (and most of my school mates) had a better understanding about negative numbers.

FFS. How hard is it? All you have done is reverse direction (and therefore the - sign).

Our education system must be in dire straits for this to happen, 2 points:

1) The lack of understanding about negative numbers indicates our education system (at least for some people) is failing.

2) Withdrawing the card is somewhat akin to rewarding stupidity. I am fair sure that about 20-40 years ago this complaint would have done nothing more than atract ridicule.