Is this even possible?

Johnnhoj

Clanker
Gents,

The path I'm hoping to follow is eventually into 299 Para Engineers

I'm currently Infantry and initially I wanted to stay the furthest away from my day job as possible (Engineer) hence the first choice.. on second thoughts maybe this wouldn't be such a bad thing continuous professional development and all that BS in Civvy terms. Plus I'm hoping/guessing that they still get involved in some of the juicy stuff so any experiences please share.

Is it possible to transfer from Infantry to 299 Engineers? living half the distance of the country away from the 299 HQ I wouldn't be able to train there week in week out although I'd be prepared to re-locate.

I'm aware of P Coy (excited actually) and believe I have the minerals "it's what's inside that counts my friend" :headbang:

Any sarcastic comments, general insults and helpful information would be appreciated

Cheers :boogie:

Last edited:
Interesting logic.

WTF has REME got to do with Engineers?

Johnnhoj

Clanker
Associated REME with Engineering, associated Para Engineers with Engineering. Still unsure on where I've gone wrong.

Therefore... apologies for my lack of in depth knowledge of the armed forces I'm relatively new to the military (12 months) but 'sarcastic comments, general insults and helpful information would be appreciated'

Now could you give me something useful

Cheers Fella

Are you reserve or regular as 299 Sqn appears to be a reserve unit.

Why not go 4 Para? 299 is too far away from you.

Johnnhoj

Clanker
Why not go 4 Para? 299 is too far away from you.

Currently in a decent position in Civvy street, business owner which I couldn't operate from anywhere but here.

I have considered it time and time again and there is future potential but currently not a viable option.

Associated REME with Engineering, associated Para Engineers with Engineering. Still unsure on where I've gone wrong.

Therefore... apologies for my lack of in depth knowledge of the armed forces I'm relatively new to the military (12 months) but 'sarcastic comments, general insults and helpful information would be appreciated'

Now could you give me something useful

Cheers Fella
Check that 299 do what you want to do, have a word with them, then transfer.

Relocating to get a part-time job seems a bit extreme but if civvy job prospects are better there, why not.

Currently in a decent position in Civvy street, business owner which I couldn't operate from anywhere but here.

I have considered it time and time again and there is future potential but currently not a viable option.

Where in the country are you?

C Coy, 4 Para are in, Hebburn (Tyne & Wear), Pudsey (Leeds), St Helens (Merseyside).

If you’ve really got the minerals 23 SAS(R) might be near you.

Special Forces (Reserve)

Latest Threads