Is this bloke for real?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Bubble 'ead, Aug 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Browsing the web and came across this bloke -

Home

Claims to be ex Scots Guards, RM & 'them'. His resume page is quite a chuckle especially the bit where he claims to have been an 'Intelligence Cell Co-ordinator', but then lists his phone number, address and numerous pics of him and his family.

Looks like he wrote a book under a different name but then splashes his real name all over his website:-? Theres a particulary nice picture of him marching with gongs and sas beret on the front cover....

Anyone heard of him?

(this is my first post, so apologies if he's been discussed before)

2. Personal details removed.

3. I'm ex 2SG ('76 - '88 ) and I've never heard of him. Not that that means jack shit, of couse

4. Home

Expert in PTSD issues? Ringing any alarm bells?

5. Looks like he's been eating a lot of pies since his days of abseiling through windows...

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Whoever he is, he clearly felt the need to purchase a few extra medals to go with his GSM. I can see the Jubilee Commemorative medal and General Service Cross, can any of the Waltenkommando identify the others?

[​IMG]

Commemorative Medals

7. The deliberate mistake is Scots Guards and Intelligence Cell oxymoron if ever I heard one.

8. Telic perched on the end, near one of his sizeable boobies, one of them ones for bravery as well in the middle.

I like him, the one thing that rings true though is that like most 50 odd year old ex squaddies his wife is absofuckinglutely disgusting

9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

There was some git a year or 2 back who caimed this as well. didn't he get sent down for it?

10. The one to the immediate right of the GSM (CSM) is a 1977 Queens Silver Jubilee Medal, as to the others, no idea.

Edited to add : I am fairly certain that the one on the far right is the Legion of Frontiersmens Golden Jubilee Medal.

11. He was on the balcony with Dinger and Dusty !

"My first period of SAS training followed passing of the usual Battle Fitness Test (BFT) that was completed while at a barracks off the King's Road in Chelsea. I can explain that my first thoughts about joining the SAS occurred in 1976 when I was serving as a junior guardsman at Pirbright in Surrey. The inspiration came from my platoon commander who had previously been a member of the Guards Independent Parachute Brigade. This was a unit that largely preceded G Squadron of the SAS Regiment. Later actions then included the Iranian embassy incident"

12. What's the Cross? (4th in) It looks like a CGC but the mount is wrong and there is no red line through the ribbon. Regardless, shouldn't it be worn first????

13. Ravers

Is it just me or is the bird at the front facing the camera dead? Either that or her head has been very badly stuck onto the phot.
    [​IMG]

14. I go like that when Ive got a pole in my hands

15. Ravers

It's the highly prestigious General Service Cross, awarded for bravery in the face of exceptional adversity or for personnel who have the ability to send a few quid to the Bigbury Mint.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.