Is This Bloke For Real?

The complete lack of any urine output does rather suggest it. Intriguing.

He better go into hiding, Mc donalds, burger king , kentucky etc will be out to eliminate this threat to global obesity

LordVonHarley said:
Other than gargling and bathing in water?......Mmmmmmmmm, I smell a rat!
Explain the complete lack of piss then.

I went without alcohol for three weeks once.....no duff.

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
Hunger strike Walt!

But if it true, he is doing a dammed sight better than Bobby Sands did!

jagman said:
StickyEnd said:
ALVIN said:
A bloke from India recons that he has gone without food and water ...... For the last 70 years!

Can this really be done?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100510/tod-starving-yogi-astounds-indian-scient-451ab4f.html
I call bullshit. Only an idiot would believe that.
Whilst I'm inclined to agree with you, the test was carefully monitored and would suggest something unusual!
The test was over a 2 week period. This guy is claiming to have not eaten or drank for 70 years. 2 weeks, I can believe. 70 years? Bollocks.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
What a croc of sh!te.

I 'spose he doesn't sweat either, and that his pores are completely sealed, or that there's no evaporation from his gob, eyes and hoofing gurt nose?

How does he replace moisture lost through evaporation? Osmosis?

Biped said:
What a croc of sh!te.

I 'spose he doesn't sweat either, and that his pores are completely sealed, or that there's no evaporation from his gob, eyes and hoofing gurt nose?

There are instance of people who don't sweat, an old friend of mine didn't but it did lead to other problems, IIRC blood pressure being the big one

StickyEnd said:
jagman said:
StickyEnd said:
ALVIN said:
A bloke from India recons that he has gone without food and water ...... For the last 70 years!

Can this really be done?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100510/tod-starving-yogi-astounds-indian-scient-451ab4f.html
Whilst I'm inclined to agree with you, the test was carefully monitored and would suggest something unusual!
The test was over a 2 week period. This guy is claiming to have not eaten or drank for 70 years. 2 weeks, I can believe. 70 years? balls.
As I say, I'm inclined to agree but surely even 2 weeks should have a pronounced effect on him?

Murphy_Slaw said:
I went without alcohol for three weeks once.....no duff.
not eating and drinking for decades is one thing but no beer for three weeks who could believe you

My grandfather hasn't eaten, drunk or urinated for almost 70 years.
He was killed at Tobruk.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
jagman said:
Biped said:
What a croc of sh!te.

There are instance of people who don't sweat, an old friend of mine didn't but it did lead to other problems, IIRC blood pressure being the big one
That's as may be, but he's not a cactus. He will most definately lose moisture through various orifices and pores. If it's not replaced, he'll become desecated, or mumified for want of a better term. Not only this, but all bodies need not only hydration, but 'flushing' too, to wash out or expunge the waste products created by merely being alive.

Like I said - it's a croc of sh!te.

StickyEnd said:
jagman said:
StickyEnd said:
ALVIN said:

Can this really be done?

The test was over a 2 week period. This guy is claiming to have not eaten or drank for 70 years. 2 weeks, I can believe. 70 years? balls.
Not eating or drinking for 2 weeks, while uncomfortable, is not impossible.

Not passing any urine at all while maintaining some semblance of homeostasis ought to be. However, he managed it.

2 weeks of complete anuria is theoretically a medical disaster - it generally means your kidneys are completely fucked and you are about to become very ill very quickly. This chap, however, seems well.

I'm sceptical as well. But I'm very interested to find out exactly what IS going on.

This Indian fella is a paid lackey of Mandlebum, he's diverted your attention whilst the Lib/Lab pact forms in the background.
Its all smoke and mirrors.

auscam said:
Maybe he's a fakir?
:)

"An 83-year-old Indian holy man who says he has spent seven decades without food or water has astounded a team of military doctors "

"Faster?"

"An83-year-oldIndianholymanwhosayshehasspentsevendecadeswithout foodorwaterhasastoundedateamofmilitarydoctors "