Is this available on UNICOM

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by error_unknown, Jan 11, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hahahaha sorry couldn't resist!

2. More to the point, is Unicom available in our shiney new hangers yet?

3. Could we just not use ARRSE instead of UNICOM?

4. ARRSE works much better and stays on line longer without the software upgrades every day

5. UNICOM - the system from which, when first issued, they had had the CD drives removed "for security reasons".

So much for forward thinking ...... ::)

6. Is anything available on UNICOM should be the question

7. does unicom still work or have the AAC got it now

8. You can get this on UNICOM by using the intuitive user interface; enter your easy to remember password, press F6, /, / ,F2, type SFDC, go down to the admin office because it's crashed, repeat above, have a coffee to calm down a bit,  press a random series of F keys followed by some full stops and zeros, and you may end up in somewhere you recognise and perhaps even the secret ARRSE function.

Simple.  

9. thats where i have been going wrong i have been pressing F4 and lower case sfdc thanks i will start first thing and chat in the afternoon ...if it is on and not having an upgrade

10. CGS

CGS War Hero Moderator

My last CO kept his in the office and turned the monitor to the wall in disgust.

UNICOM was to be rolled out as a PC based application suite, but some stupid w****r called the project UNICOM 2000, so we'll see that in 2012 then!  By then PCs will be obsolete and we'll be prevented from breaching the enemy OODA loop by yet another piece of a**e technology that costs too much and that noone will use!

11. Had a new Unicom system installed in my office two years ago and still not turned it on (very proud of myself)