Is this an illness??

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Lynxtips, Apr 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have to say I am somewhat worried about my husband. He is a dutiful Sapper and proud of his Corps etc etc but his behaviour has got me worried :(

He has been home on Easter Leave now for 10 days and all was well until today. Our little lad managed to "break" the tv/dvd player so the disc tray would not go back in, so hubby decided to "fix" it. As a typical Sapper's wife I took this to mean the usual swearing, muttering and banging about with the offending item ending up broken and in the bin - but not today :eek:

Hubby very calmly dismantled said tv/dvd player and fixed the fault after about 30 mins or so. Although he did mutter and mumble occasionally it was nothing like the norm but even more worrying was there wasn't a hammer or harry black in sight 8O 8O 8O

Do you think this is serious :?:

PS: Since I started writing this he put the footie on so I thought earlier had just been a glitch but sadly not. At his insistence we are off to see Ice Age 2 after the match :? :? :?

2. Call an ambulance.... or even better a slab of beer and some of his mates!

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It would have been serious if he had suggested going to see Ice Age 2 instead of watching the footie

4. must be a riggy if you only need "a slab of beer" & not copious slabs as for a normal fieldy's session :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. He has been supplied with as much beer as required over the last 10 days (as per normal) and we went to the cash and carry for more "just in case" - so it can't be lack of alcohol. Only last night he had a takeaway and saved some for this morning so I doubt it is that.

I have to agree Fang but he is letting the kids play cowboys VERY loudly in the same room as the TV with the footie which is NOT normal.

I am wondering if he might have caught the dreaded Civilianitis or been abducted by aliens 8O 8O 8O

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Is he due out soon?

He may have Premature Civilianitis or perhaps worse Early Onset Dischargitis

7. nothing wrong with them i can feel them coming on already & i've got 3 years left........................but it is a nice feeling :D :D :D :D

8. His 12 year point is June - so it's not looking good :(

9. sure he will be back to his snarlin' shoutin' & annoyin' best as soon as he is back to work :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

10. Thanks Knocker that's what I'm hoping for - although he's at home for another couple of weeks. I guess if this condition is serious he might turn chav as well 8O 8O 8O 8O

11. i fear the worst then.............................................. :( 8O :( 8O :( 8O :( 8O

12. Lynxtips,

I'm afraid you're going to have to prepare yourself for some bad news. He's almost certainly about to announce that he's decided to transfer to the Adjutant General's Corps!

TMW

13. HE CANNOT BE THAT FAR GONE SURELY TO GOD 8O 8O 8O 8O

14. Nah!! He's not downgraded or on Prozac :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think in the interests of his Corps I should tie him up with harry black and batter him with a hammer at the first sign of chav. The again maybe I should do it just for fun :D :D :D

PS Ice Age 2 is a good film by the way :wink:

15. thought you were meant to be punishing him NOT turning him on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: