Is this a normal thing...

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by chrisg46, Sep 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Just got a letter today telling me that i have been awarded a Lord Lieutenant certificate for meritorious service. Doesnt tell me what for, although i did a tour in iraq last year. Is it a fairly normal thing not to get excited about?

2. congrats - at least you got something!

3. Congratulations.

He'll probably come down the TAC and say something at the presentation along the lines of, "Those of you who have done well, well done. Those of you who haven't done well, and you know who you are, well done anyway! Baaaaah" or was that my sandbags debrief? He says something anyway, normally quite flattering.

I've seen it done before and all sorts are there cadets, navy, the lot every one getting something for being best bod in the local coy, sqn or whatever the hell the navy have. So get your twos sorted out and boots bulled it will be quite an occasion. You might even get your grinning mug in the local rag.

Well done again.

4. Nope, it was the stock closing address of a former President of the RCB.

Back to the thread - congratulations!

5. Congrats, how long have you been in? you are eligible for one after 8 years, it is not automatic though, you have to be put forward by PSAO.

6. chrisg46

FF been in about 9 or 10 years now, so you could well be right! Not heard of this happening for others though.

7. Chris
    Were you involved in the heli forced landing, as I heard on the grapevine that is what some people have been nominated for as F all else happened on the tour

8. Your local Bde will each year send an edict down to units requesting nominations for the LL Cert. In my unit this equated to 3 nominations after a whitling down process, which then go forward to the Bde to be chosen on behalf of the LL.

It can be given for many things, including long and exemplary service etc etc

Hope this helps.

The OC in my unit did all the write ups.

9. chrisg46,

Well done, its for dedication, commitment etc

The presentation will be run by a nominated unit, you'll get free booze and food. Very enjoyable night, although did seem like a blast from the past - the TA of old. I mean - it interacts with local employers, soldiers family, soldiers, community

10. Only the very cream of TA soldiers are selected for this particularly prestigious award.

Someone once told me its just below an MBE but to be honest I'm not sure.

11. maybe its taken over from the BEM?

12. Well done that man....

13. chrisg46

oh fook, its serious then???
    I was in the heli forced landing, but didnt think it was that big a deal, it certainly wasnt the main event of the tour. The 3PWRR platoon got caught up in the September riot re THEM getting caught by the police etc and the team leader got a well deserved MiD for his and his teams actions...

14. Perhaps its for services rendered to the pie eating industry :D

15. One of our guys(well REME) has got 3 so for them was awarded his QVRM in this years honours, it sounds as if different units have different critera, but what the hey, it's a reward.