• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is this a good training program for getting fit for joining the British army?

ok well im joining the army and want to know if this a good fitness training regime for the army and if there is anything i can do to improve it

monday - weight(strength training full body) and possible 6 a side footy for 1 hour

tuesday - 3.5 mile run

wednesday - running club up to 6 miles max, boxing in evening full body circuit and 2 mile run

thursday - 3.5 mile run

friday - weights(endurance training full body)

saturday - rest

sunday - 5.5 mile run

just want to say my run time last time i checked was 9:41 for 1.5 miles and pullups are 15 (full extension) my press ups are 62 and sit ups are 77 but my feet were unsupported.
i just want to know is there any changes or something else i can do to help me be ready for the army im about 10 to 12 months before i go in cos i need to finish college

much thanks ben

ok cool um any idea when i should do a swim in my workout?
and are my fitness standards at a very good level for the armoured i dont just wanna pass i wanna do really well

ok well im joining the army and want to know if this a good fitness training regime for the army and if there is anything i can do to improve it

monday - weight(strength training full body) and possible 6 a side footy for 1 hour

tuesday - 3.5 mile run

wednesday - running club up to 6 miles max, boxing in evening full body circuit and 2 mile run

thursday - 3.5 mile run

friday - weights(endurance training full body)

saturday - rest

sunday - 5.5 mile run

just want to say my run time last time i checked was 9:41 for 1.5 miles and pullups are 15 (full extension) my press ups are 62 and sit ups are 77 but my feet were unsupported.
i just want to know is there any changes or something else i can do to help me be ready for the army im about 10 to 12 months before i go in cos i need to finish college

much thanks ben
Here you go...
http://gregsadetsky.com/_files/5bx-plan.pdf

Sounds good but you might be at risk off overtraining and possibly injuring yourself.

Also try and do some speed work, such as breaking the 1.5 mile into 4 sections and aiming to run each as fast as you can.

Looks fine to me. I assume the running club will vary the training? As chode mentioned some interval training would be advantageous. Aim to get the 1.5 down to a respectable 9min, you have a year to do it so should be no problem.

Also, a planned easy week every 6 weeks or so is better than an enforced 2-3 weeks off due to injury.

Latest Threads