Is this a good training program for getting fit for joining the British army?

ok well im joining the army and want to know if this a good fitness training regime for the army and if there is anything i can do to improve it

monday - weight(strength training full body) and possible 6 a side footy for 1 hour

tuesday - 3.5 mile run

wednesday - running club up to 6 miles max, boxing in evening full body circuit and 2 mile run

thursday - 3.5 mile run

friday - weights(endurance training full body)

saturday - rest

sunday - 5.5 mile run

just want to say my run time last time i checked was 9:41 for 1.5 miles and pullups are 15 (full extension) my press ups are 62 and sit ups are 77 but my feet were unsupported.
i just want to know is there any changes or something else i can do to help me be ready for the army im about 10 to 12 months before i go in cos i need to finish college

much thanks ben

Sounds great. Keep it up, don't get bored, don't get injured ( vary your routines).

Good luck.

BL

Personally i would chuck a swim or two in there as recovery.

ok cool um any idea when i should do a swim in my workout?
and are my fitness standards at a very good level for the armoured i dont just wanna pass i wanna do really well

ok well im joining the army and want to know if this a good fitness training regime for the army and if there is anything i can do to improve it

monday - weight(strength training full body) and possible 6 a side footy for 1 hour

tuesday - 3.5 mile run

wednesday - running club up to 6 miles max, boxing in evening full body circuit and 2 mile run

thursday - 3.5 mile run

friday - weights(endurance training full body)

saturday - rest

sunday - 5.5 mile run

just want to say my run time last time i checked was 9:41 for 1.5 miles and pullups are 15 (full extension) my press ups are 62 and sit ups are 77 but my feet were unsupported.
i just want to know is there any changes or something else i can do to help me be ready for the army im about 10 to 12 months before i go in cos i need to finish college

much thanks ben
Here you go...
http://gregsadetsky.com/_files/5bx-plan.pdf

Sounds good but you might be at risk off overtraining and possibly injuring yourself.

Also try and do some speed work, such as breaking the 1.5 mile into 4 sections and aiming to run each as fast as you can.

Looks fine to me. I assume the running club will vary the training? As chode mentioned some interval training would be advantageous. Aim to get the 1.5 down to a respectable 9min, you have a year to do it so should be no problem.

Also, a planned easy week every 6 weeks or so is better than an enforced 2-3 weeks off due to injury.