is this a good time?????

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by born-warrior, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. when i 1st went to attempt my 1.5mile run, i didnt check the length of the route and just thougth it was 1,5miles.....anyway i ran it and my time was 24mins exactly..which confused me quite a i asked 1 of my friends how long the course was,and he told me 2.8miles lol

so my question 24mins for 2.8miles a good time lol???
  2. no.

roughly 12 mins for 1.5 miles.

there are guys on here who will expect you to do it in 5mins, with a full bergan towing a landrover.........

keep going.
  3. It may be 12 mins for 1.5, but what about the extra fatigue from the extra distance. I dont think its as bad as it sounds :p
  4. You could also have used a calculator, to divide time by distance.

=8.32 mins mile. Bung another half mile on top of that (4.16) = 12.48 for a 1.5 mile run.

If your going to be a soldier mate, time to engage the brain, since you are here asking a very basic maths question.
  5. im 18 soon 2 b 19....and im not askin because i cant work out the math....i was askin for peoples opinions
  6. And you got them...

However, at my age I'd be very happy with the time... but, of course, I'm not 18 3/4 anymore.
  7. Well here's another opinion: Learn to write properly.
  8. well said spoomo!!!!!

"txt" speak should be banned!
  9. ur 18 and that's ur time?? shocking!! get training!
  10. well, as far as i can tell, as long as your not a fat ar@e, and your willing to put in the effort, 100%, at all times you'll get in.

one of my mates had just passed out {not literally mind you}, he was a heaving lump of lard.

he was 12st exactly when he went in, and now he's 10stone 1 pound

he was beasting himself in all the PT sessions and impressed his CO's

while another guy on the same basic, fit as hell, couldnt be arrsed to beast himself to the maximum cos he was fit.

basically my good friend {dave} said that all the CO's were looking for was someone who had clearly put in the effort and time to get somewhat fit, and was willing to always give 100%, with that sort of attitude, what more can the army want {......}

well i intend to give 100% in all of it.

especially the icebreaker, thats going to be quite the "larff"
  11. yes this is my time.....for 2.8 miles....(not 1.5)
  12. Aim for 10mins on 1.5 mate when you go to a ACIO they normally say aim for 10mins
  13. I did the 1.5 mile in 10 mins 5 secs, and i am 36. So work harder..