Is this a good buy?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by syledis, Apr 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will do
  2. Bresser's a reasonably well known brand for astronomy gear. I had a cheapo 70mm Bresser scope and for the money it was great. I also have one of their microscopes and it's a very good bit of kit indeed. The prices on that site look a bit high though. I'd shop around. Also look at Celestron models. They're about equivalent to Bresser, except better for pure astronomy stuff especially at the higher end. They sell a few of each other's rebadged products. I'd say that scope would be a good buy at under 150 quid, but not at £189.99.

A case in point: your site has my microscope for £387.99 "reduced from £549.99." I just found it on a German site for €369 and it usually goes for under £350 online.
  3. Yep, it's a good un and it will look dead ally on your mantel piece. Along with the Argy shell case and the sash-weight from the Iiranian embassy window.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Great, i hope the birds im looking at out of my back window appreciate how ally it is as well!!
  5. Mind you don't get arrested as a peeping tom!
  6. This was selling for £49 before christmas, didn't buy one and now regret it. I did buy their Jessops own brand 10x42 binos for about £25 in the same sale. Cant fault them at the price.
  7. I was talking about the jessops scope in the last post.