Is this a Daring I see before me

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BONNACON, Mar 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sophie Raworth was reading the news at one so I was a bit diverted but I thought I caught a glimpse of a type 45 just off Benghazi. If so is that wise considering their er.. current state of er.. bits that go bang.
    Can anyone confirm or deny.
  2. Bits that go bang on a T45 work just fine.
    Not aware of any deployment of a T45 to the med. York, Montrose and Cumberland are still the ships in the area.
  3. Is it not a Horizon ffg? i.e. the Forbin.

Though it does look like it has a merlin on the back.....
  4. Forbin? Probably an NH-90. looks a lot like Merlin.
  7. Definitely looks like a Merlin, Italians use the naval merlin so one of their frigates?
  8. Sophie may be no great beauty but the fact that you saw past her to oggle a piece of unidentified machinery I find somewhat disturbing.

9. Heretic! Burn him!
  10. [​IMG]

Are they still showing the report on SKY?
  11. I just saw it on BBC news and it defo looked like a type 45.
  12. Most likely it was an Horizon (Either French or Italian)...they do look similar to a Daring.

Daring Type 45 for comparison.
  13. If Sophie wasn't there I would have paid more attention. However any floaty thing after a Leander does the same for me as Nissan Micra would do for Jeramy Clarkson. mmm type 81.

Will look on Iplayer when I'm home but it could have been the beeb with stock footage again!

Ho and I do hope the missile system works as advertised. Sea Dart came good after how long?
  14. This is rapidly turning into spotters anonymous - does everyone have their fouly jacket and pussers flask to hand?

15. [​IMG]

Happy now? ;-P