• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Is this a Daring I see before me

Sophie Raworth was reading the news at one so I was a bit diverted but I thought I caught a glimpse of a type 45 just off Benghazi. If so is that wise considering their er.. current state of er.. bits that go bang.
Can anyone confirm or deny.

Bits that go bang on a T45 work just fine.
Not aware of any deployment of a T45 to the med. York, Montrose and Cumberland are still the ships in the area.

What about the bits that go Whoooosh bang. I thought they weren't ready yet.

And I thought it was was a Merlin on the back as well. Might have been a Horizon though all these air defence distroyers look the same to me pal. was rathe inshore though.

What about the bits that go Whoooosh bang. I thought they weren't ready yet.

And I thought it was was a Merlin on the back as well. Might have been a Horizon though all these air defence distroyers look the same to me pal. was rathe inshore though.
Despite the witterings of Lewis Paige, the missiles worked just fine except in a very specific part of their engagement envelope and thats been fixed too.

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Equipment and Logistics | Royal Navy fires Sea Viper from Type 45 destroyer

Royal Navy Sea Viper passes key tests

If Sophie wasn't there I would have paid more attention. However any floaty thing after a Leander does the same for me as Nissan Micra would do for Jeramy Clarkson. mmm type 81.

Will look on Iplayer when I'm home but it could have been the beeb with stock footage again!

Ho and I do hope the missile system works as advertised. Sea Dart came good after how long?

Not aware of any deployment of a T45 to the med. York, Montrose and Cumberland are still the ships in the area.
No argument about the T45 but YORK is continuing her passage to the South Atlantic after being relieved off Libya by WESTMINSTER on 4 March. MONTROSE returned from a five month deployment east of Suez in December so I don't think she will have deployed again this early. CUMBERLAND deployed east of Suez in September and must be coming home soon for disposal next month.

No argument about the T45 but YORK is continuing her passage to the South Atlantic after being relieved off Libya by WESTMINSTER on 4 March. MONTROSE returned from a five month deployment east of Suez in December so I don't think she will have deployed again this early. CUMBERLAND deployed east of Suez in September and must be coming home soon for disposal next month.
Take it up with the RN

Global Operations : Joint Operations (RN, Army, RAF, NATO) : The RN Today : Training and People : Royal Navy

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I didnt think it was one of ours but its nice to see some interest from other countries, I wonder how long their captain was sailing back and forth hoping to be picked up by a tv crew?

western ships allways look so wimpy, the soviets knew what impressed third world countries - ships bristling with guns and launchers to intimidate

western ships allways look so wimpy, the soviets knew what impressed third world countries - ships bristling with guns and launchers to intimidate
Reminds me of the old joke during the 70's with the arrival of our sleek grey funnel liners.

'Who's ship is that?'

'One of there's Sir'

'How can you be so sure'?

'It's armed to the teeth Sir'.

Latest Threads