is there an issued survival knife plce sheath?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by RfnGeordie, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a MOD survival knife, the wilkie type for a while now. Been looking to buy a sheath so I can attach it to me webbing. Not a fan of webtex sh**e so been looking all over the internet for a gen issued version.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists with the plce t-bar attachments for attaching to webbing belts?

And if so any ideas where I can get one?
  2. ebay mate, item no 280400135438 this is the genuine type cover for the knife
  3. Cheers for that fat frank,

obviously I have searched google and if you had you would have seen that the only one's it brings up are a range master one, a webtex one and a vanguard one.
    i.e. not army issue just cheap copies

4. to be honest mate, you can't go far wrong with Vanguard kit.

Much of it is as high quality as issue if not better.
  5. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Just stick it in a bayonet sheath (the cordura bit, not the black plastic bit).
  6. the word you be looking for is frog.
  7. I'd go with the Vanguard one, if you read any threads on the subject of people talking about buying kit, Vanguard is normally the first decent recommendation.

Or, don't. Your choice. =P
  8. Are you still interested to buy a Sheath knife? How about a survival knife? To determine it is a sheath knife it should be a fixed bladed knife that fits in an either leather or material (nylon, kevlar, leather etc ) sheath for protection of the knife and carrier.
  9. Read the post :roll: , you are posting spam at a quick guess and should be beaten to death with a sh*tty stick, either that or you are 12 and read your Dad's old copies of "Combat and Survival", either way, DO ONE! now there's a good chap!