Is there an extra bonus for 8month tour??

Deploying on Op Toral and theres a rumour circulating that if u deploy for 8months, you are entitled to an extra allowance/bonus that equates to approx £50 backdated to include your entire time in theatre.. is there any truth to it or is it wishful thinking from a few officers that has trickled down the line??

Deploying on Op Toral and theres a rumour circulating that if u deploy for 8months, you are entitled to an extra allowance/bonus that equates to approx £50 backdated to include your entire time in theatre.. is there any truth to it or is it wishful thinking from a few officers that has trickled down the line??

I think you get extra R&R and phone allowance but I thought it was 9 months+. Never heard of extra cash (Above a normal tour)

Weve been told no extra R&R ao your probably right in regards to 9mnths for that. And what weve been told is that this cash bonus is an addition to LSA.. i know it sounds too good to be true bit iv been unable to dind anybody in camp who can confirm it to be false.. just hoping someone from the previous rotations will see this!

You get LSA as standard. Although it goes up for total amount of days away. But if you go up a level in month 3 of a tour it won't go up again by month 8.

Unless it has changed recently; No.

As pointed out the £50 a day was HDA due to the austerity of the final months of Herrick.

If your tour is 9 months or more you get (got?) a continuity allowance but you had to be warned off for a nine monther before you deploy and normally this is for higher ranks who have to stay for the, erm, continuity. You cannot extend in theatre to try and claim it. You might be able to blag a second lot of R+R which is what I did.

Latest Threads