Is there a world record for running 10k carrying 25kg?

Had a quick search on Google and guiness book of records but cannot find anything, so as arse is a pretty good font of knowledge:

Im running in a 10k next month but carry 25kg for charity (does a lot of good work for charity mate!) if there is a record, I have probably as much chance of beating it as I have of leading England out for the world cup final this year but it would be nice to have something to gauge myself against!

Any one?

Carrying a wdescreen dvd freeview TV while running through bootle from the Busyeee's doesnt count Im afraid! :D

In short, I don't know. However there is a guy - Paddy Doyle ex-Para (?) I seemed to recall. Paddy did a lot of runs with loads amongst other physical things, push ups, sit ups etc.

If such a record exists then he's very likely to be the lad. Sorry just checked it out - 57'.02" (40lbs. weight)

Alec_Lomas said:
Sorry just checked it out - 57'.02" (40lbs. weight)
Is that for 10km? A normal CFT would get 10km in 1hour 30mins and most of that is a brisk pace not a run

stacker1 said:
Alec_Lomas said:
Is that for 10km? A normal CFT would get 10km in 1hour 30mins and most of that is a brisk pace not a run
My bold - Yes, the boy's a flyer :D

Alec_Lomas said:
stacker1 said:
Alec_Lomas said:
What I meant was that seem a bit slow for a record. A hour to do six miles is the same pace to pass the mile and half test with weight in 15 minutes (I can't remember the name) Granted its a quarter of the distance but some people motor round it.

stacker1 said:
Alec_Lomas said:
stacker1 said:
Alec_Lomas said:
What I meant was that seem a bit slow for a record. A hour to do six miles is the same pace to pass the mile and half test with weight in 15 minutes (I can't remember the name) Granted its a quarter of the distance but some people motor round it.
Not sure of how you are working out the maths there. He's done

10miles with 40 lbs wt. in 1hr.-24mins. (1993)
6 miles with 56 lbs wt, in 53mins - 45secs. (1999)

Alec_Lomas said:
Not sure of how you are working out the maths there. He's done

10miles with 40 lbs wt. in 1hr.-24mins. (1993)
6 miles with 56 lbs wt, in 53mins - 45secs. (1999)
I was going of what you wrote

Alec_Lomas said:

6 mile = 9.6km

56lb = 25.4kg

53 minutes is hardcore!