Is there a TA Unit in Germany?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by freebie, Apr 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all,

    I have been told there is a TA unit in Germany and have tried looking for details of it. The best the search could come up with is that there is a TA unit in the Paderborn Garrison, but that was all I could find.

    Does anyone have any further details - who they are, how often they meet, etc...

    I've just applied for a civvie job in Sennelager and if I get it, I still would like to continue in the TA.

    Thanks for your help in advance!

    F :)
  2. I know the Americans run something similar in Italy and Germany, so perhaps not that far fetched.
  3. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    There is a Royal Engineer Sqn in Hameln.
  4. 23 Amphibious Squadron, 28 Eng Reg have a TA troop - 412 Troop (Volunteers).
  5. Oooh, could they find room for a REME type? I won't take up that much space... :D
  6. Anyone?...
  7. 412 Amphibious Engineer Troop (V) is established as the 3rd amphibious troop of 23 Amphibious Engineer Squadron. It currently is recruiting and any one interested should contact them. It is scaled for REME Cfn - Cpl posts there are 5, 3 are currently filled. So REME are welcome to apply but they must have previous regular experience or substantial TA experience. Most of its members have previous military experience which helps especially being members of the Corps previously.

    If anyone wishes to join they should give the training officer or the PSIs a call on +49 5151 917 416/415.

    I hope that this helps.
  8. Thank you Brian :D
  9. Use to be the Ambulance Train not sure if it ended with the cold war
  10. Oh yes they are in Hameln, part of Paderborn Garrison 1 1/4 hrs up the road.
  11. what does that mean
  12. It means the RAMC used to have the Ambulance Train which was run to Evac Cas back to the Ports, It was a Spec TA Unit in the late 90s and I'm not sure if still exists but I'm sure one of the current Corps guys could answer the question
  13. Hi Brian,
    Is there an email address that I can use instead? I can't get make international calls from work unfortunately.
    Thanks :D
  14. I thought they were bridge layers?

    Maybe your thinking of an RCT(V) Railway Unit? IIRCI the RCT had such a unit, and I once saw a picture of a train liveried up in the Corps colours
  15. Freebie,

    I have PM'd you.