Is there a suitable job for me?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Tiff, Aug 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ............
  2. Just join the OTC when you get to Uni, and work it out from there.
  3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

So you are good at shooting - well done. A lot of folk in the Infantry are too. As to not being average - anyone that passes RCB is not average would be my view. Pass that and I'll agree of your self analysis

Suggest that you take your skills to Uni and see what happens after that. Enjoy.
  4. There are some really good shots accross the board in the Army, join the OTC and see if you can make it into the TA 50.
  5. Just a thought, but who or what are you comparing your shooting skills against?
    And more to the point can you tie your own shoe laces and not 'push' on 'pull' doors?
  6. You may be very special indeed.

Then again, from what you have told us, you are a young loner gun nut who likes to blat off rounds, whether it be targets or live creatures - who can canoe. It depends how you read it.

Everyone who gets selected to train as an Officer is special in some way - why do you think your skills are anything the Armed Forces would want as an Officer? BTW - other than on ops, very few people would be blatting off 200 rounds per wk!
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've heard 3 Para, Mortars Platoon are looking for Junior Officers......
  8. It's good that you have had the opportunity to do all these exciting and fun things, but trying to impress folks on here probably won't get you anywhere, and as you can see people will pick up on it. There is no such thing as being "average" seeing as everyone is different with different experiences, I'd sort you're mentality out first.

If you feel then you have the qualities neccessary to join the British Army as an officer, then good for you, give it a go. If you say you're definately going to Uni then like another poster said; the UOTC would give you a good insight into military life and you can judge it through that. Go to your local ACIO and see what they have to say, get some info packs, read up on different parts of the army : here you go.

Good luck.
  9. ...............
  10. Ever thought about Ammo Tech as enlistee/officer?

From what I understand of the role, it may be exactly what you're looking for.
  11. Tiff, you say you grew up on a farm and most of your interests seem to only involve one

The army is a pretty team orientated vocation, forget all the shite you read in books about lone snipers etc, there's going to be more than one person on your recruits course.

Do you funcion as part of a team ?
  12. Enlistee? Ammo Tech? If you mean he should be shut away somewhere cold and inspecting a random sample of rounds than possibly.
    Oh, and Officers don't 'do' the ammunition technician job as it's a trade. They do however, get to do the fun\dangerous stuff that is a very visible sideline of the AT job.
  13. ...........
  14. You really need to get your head round what an Officer is and does. I don't think you really understand the roles and responsibilities. Keep reading and visit a careers office.
  15. No ofence but you come across as quite odd, and dont seem to grasp what being an officer is all about.
    However If you are interested in a career as an officer then look Here for an idea of what is required, visit your careers office for a chat and do the AOSB down at westbury, then you can make up your mind, and the army can too.
    The careers office will book you onto familiarisation visits to regiments/ corps so you can look at what they do.
    Hope this helps