Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a name for this

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
bollix up . for example my wife has her e mail linked to my isp. recently she cant collect her Emails because it keeps asking for her password. She puts in her password and it doesn't work .
So I go to my isp mail centre to re do her account .

When i put her email name in its ok but when i try and put a new password in ..... it say this name is already taken .

So then-it says if you have forgot ton you password click here and we will send a link to your email......

which she cant open causerie her password isn't working !!

I'm sure that the ISP will resolve the matter tomorrow but its an embuggerance to say the least. Considering that they cut her off in February and reinstated her in March including a 10k plus download of every email recived since the year dot!

bollix up . for example my wife has her e mail linked to my isp. recently she cant collect her Emails because it keeps asking for her password. She puts in her password and it doesn't work .
So I go to my isp mail centre to re do her account .

When i put her email name in its ok but when i try and put a new password in ..... it say this name is already taken .

So then-it says if you have forgot ton you password click here and we will send a link to your email......

which she cant open causerie her password isn't working !!

I'm sure that the ISP will resolve the matter tomorrow but its an embuggerance to say the least. Considering that they cut her off in February and reinstated her in March including a 10k plus download of every email recived since the year dot!

I blame Brexit

Had the same problem, many years ago, our mail kept going to our old address in london, only found out when I rang our old house, gave them our new address, then contacted the GPO, paid £12 for a six month service that diverts mail with the old address, to up here 125 miles north of london. Before moving, we told everyone our new telephone number,. This was back in the stone age, before mobile phones, and home computers were invented, we managed to survive, no big deal, Royal mail delivered all our hand written letters, cards and parcels.

The GPO telephone system allowed us to talk directly to members of our family, and friends without having to send photos of ourselves, meals, the cat, or any of the daft and inane subject matter that is considered life enhancing today. As for passwords, used in the east end to gain entry to back street dives, after hours drinkers, and gambling dens.

Go on YouTube, access pathe news or "look at life" swinging london, Carnaby street, kings road, take a close look, no fatties, all dressed respectively, and not a bloody mobile phone in sight. No nutters with knives, guns or baseball bats.

Moral of all this wibble, to much reliance on modern electronics. There are always other alternatives.

chimera

LE
Had the same problem, many years ago, our mail kept going to our old address in london, only found out when I rang our old house, gave them our new address, then contacted the GPO, paid £12 for a six month service that diverts mail with the old address, to up here 125 miles north of london. Before moving, we told everyone our new telephone number,. This was back in the stone age, before mobile phones, and home computers were invented, we managed to survive, no big deal, Royal mail delivered all our hand written letters, cards and parcels.

The GPO telephone system allowed us to talk directly to members of our family, and friends without having to send photos of ourselves, meals, the cat, or any of the daft and inane subject matter that is considered life enhancing today. As for passwords, used in the east end to gain entry to back street dives, after hours drinkers, and gambling dens.

Go on YouTube, access pathe news or "look at life" swinging london, Carnaby street, kings road, take a close look, no fatties, all dressed respectively, and not a bloody mobile phone in sight. No nutters with knives, guns or baseball bats.

Moral of all this wibble, to much reliance on modern electronics. There are always other alternatives.

Do you read the Daily Express by any chance?

D

Deleted 164106

That's not the same problem.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks to the ineptness of Microsoft my email was being sent to various other people around the world as well as myself. In the end I had to get another email address and Microsoft conveniently ignored any request for explanations.