Is there a Moderator in the house...?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by SNLR86, Feb 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's what happened...

Being curious about one of the serial posters on ARRSE, I threw "KevinB" into the ARRSE search function and started trawling through the results. After the first 30 or 40, I gave up and concluded that maybe there hadn't been a thread concerning this ... gentleman.

So, somewhat surprised, I started one which enquired whether others shared my views.

Less than a dozen posts later, I find the thread moved into ARRSE Hole. I then realise, as I try to reply to a poster's question, that it has also been locked. No warning post, no PM, just fast and stealthy action. As nothing had been posted to the thread by a Moderator, I don't even know which of them is responsible.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm not complaining and have the utmost of respect for the Mods, who do a job you couldn't pay me to take on. I'm merely bemused. As a relative newbie, I'm hoping that somebody will enlighten me.

Is it common for a thread to be pulled without warning, explanation or comment?
  2. We tend not to give the cunt the pleasure of his own thread.

Every time he sees a thread about himself, he chucks one off the wrist whilst licking a photo of Gerry Adams.
  3. Seems reasonable, just wish that whichever Mod did it could have dropped me a one-liner to that effect.

What I really don't get is why so many folks respond to his posts with anything other than invective. Anyway, that's enough publicity for the mouth-breathing bottom-feeder.