Is there a Moderator in the house...?

Here's what happened...

Being curious about one of the serial posters on ARRSE, I threw "KevinB" into the ARRSE search function and started trawling through the results. After the first 30 or 40, I gave up and concluded that maybe there hadn't been a thread concerning this ... gentleman.

So, somewhat surprised, I started one which enquired whether others shared my views.

Less than a dozen posts later, I find the thread moved into ARRSE Hole. I then realise, as I try to reply to a poster's question, that it has also been locked. No warning post, no PM, just fast and stealthy action. As nothing had been posted to the thread by a Moderator, I don't even know which of them is responsible.

Just to avoid misunderstandings, I'm not complaining and have the utmost of respect for the Mods, who do a job you couldn't pay me to take on. I'm merely bemused. As a relative newbie, I'm hoping that somebody will enlighten me.

Is it common for a thread to be pulled without warning, explanation or comment?

We tend not to give the cunt the pleasure of his own thread.

Every time he sees a thread about himself, he chucks one off the wrist whilst licking a photo of Gerry Adams.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
We tend not to give the cunt the pleasure of his own thread.

Every time he sees a thread about himself, he chucks one off the wrist whilst licking a photo of Gerry Adams.
Seems reasonable, just wish that whichever Mod did it could have dropped me a one-liner to that effect.

What I really don't get is why so many folks respond to his posts with anything other than invective. Anyway, that's enough publicity for the mouth-breathing bottom-feeder.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y The Intelligence Cell 4
The_Tara Seniors 17
I ARRSE: Site Issues 83