Is there a healthy crisp replacement snack out there?

As I'm starting to middle age spread does anyone know of a snack that could replace crisps which doesn't taste like crap or vegitation! and is effort free

I phys regularily and don't do chocolate or puddings or biscuits however i must confess to eating crisps so I'm to try going to go cold turkey on them to try and stop the rot.

There must be something out there but carrot sticks and rice bread etc don't flick my switch

cheers

No chance "Headgear" you are destined to become a fat t**t like me.Cut down on the bread does help: Have a half a slice instead of a full slice. Then you can make up the difference in Crisps :)
Just accept the fact that there is no substitute for Crisps. Who needs fancy cuisine when there is Smiths, Walkers and Golden Wonder about?

Cake but cut it in half so you can have twice as much.

Mr_Deputy said:
looked for baked products rather than fried

new technology is out there to mean frying isnt necessary. i think Walkers do something - its of course slightly poncey with spicy flavours but probably can get / will do plain stuff too.

have you tried running by the way?
Yes!!! all the time but unfortunately the older you get the more you spread!!!!! and the more effort it takes to a. actually do phys and b. motivate yourself

I'm just trying to find an alternative that I won't feel guilty about eating and won't make me fatter- I'll check out those salt and vinegar rice cakes in TESCO

walkers potato heads are quite yummy! French fries aren't bad either

Get yourself a large jar of pickled onions :puker:

Mr_Deputy said:
headgear said:
Mr_Deputy said:
looked for baked products rather than fried

new technology is out there to mean frying isnt necessary. i think Walkers do something - its of course slightly poncey with spicy flavours but probably can get / will do plain stuff too.

Yes!!! all the time but unfortunately the older you get the more you spread!!!!! and the more effort it takes to a. actually do phys and b. motivate yourself

I'm just trying to find an alternative that I won't feel guilty about eating and won't make me fatter- I'll check out those salt and vinegar rice cakes in TESCO

hey hey heyyyyy watch the heart old boy. only trying to help.

why dont you run to the shops to find the magic crisps? get a couple of courier bags (not carrier - so common, mustnt let the men see you with plarstic bags) and run home with the shopping

dont listen to FatBird she's trying to lure you onto the fried snack rocks like an alluring although big boned mermaid

shut it tubby

french fries 95 cals and 0.3 saturated fat per bag
potato heads 105 cals and 0.5 g saturated fat per bag

not that i know off the top of my head or owt :oops:

its roundish, fits into the palm of your hand, the debris is biodegradable and is either green or red with many varieties........

apple

Try these, 80p ish from Tesco. All the healthy spiel aside, they are really tasty, substantial and no, I'm not on commission, but I do eat a fair few of them.

nâkd bars are a 100% natural wholefood bar a delicious blend of unsweetened fruit, rolled oats, nuts and spices. Unlike most bars, nâkd bars contain no artificial ingredients of any kind, no-added sugar and are made raw, never cooked. In fact, if they were any more natural, you’d have to peel ‘em

Your body and mind are designed to run on natural ingredients. Excessive processing robs food of vital nutrients and pollutes your body with unnatural, unnecessary and potentially unhealthy elements. nâkd bars are a simple a combination of naturally good-for-you superfoods and nothing else. It’s a simple, delicious favour you can do for yourself everyday.

nâkd bars come in three delicious flavours including Berry Cheeky, Apple Pie and Cocoa Loco. They are naturally sweet with a moist, satisfying texture a bit like a rich, homemade cookie or flapjack. Most everyone likes ‘em...even kids, the toughest critics!

nâkd bars are a combination of natural superfoods with nothing artificial, so they are good for you in lots of ways. Here’s a few of our favorite...

- Rich in phytonutrients from raw plant foods to promote a healthy immune system and body function.

- Natural source of essential vitamins and minerals like B-vitamins, vitamin C, potassium, calcium, magnesium and iron to help provide energy, support a strong immune system, strengthen bones, and combat stress and ageing.

- High fibre to help balance blood sugar levels, control appetite and aid digestion.

- Plant-source protein to help maintain muscle, support metabolism, balance blood sugar, and control appetite.
Nutrition Information
nâkd bars are very diet friendly. All 68g nâkd bars are around 90% fat free, with 5 grams of protein, 5 gram of fibre, 36-39 grams of healthy carbohydrates and 220-230 calories.

Vegan - Non GMO - Wheat Free - Dairy Free
No Transfats - No Syrups
All Natural - No Sugar Added

Since nâkd bars contain no added sugar, are protein and fibre rich and are made raw, you’ll find that they stick with you longer than most other bars. This means they can help keep you from overeating later.
Ingredients
Raw Dates, Rolled Oats, Raw Raisins, Raw Mixed Nuts, Apple Juice, Unsweetened Cocoa, All-Natural Flavours

headgear said:
Mr_Deputy said:
Get a Dog. When the Dog starts looking fat, then you know that you're not getting enough exersize.

Crisps are indeed king. You don't get other food with the savoury taste and crunch. Fruit is boring, nuts/cereal are boring and taste far too healthy.

Skips are amazing. Don't eat Wotsits though, they're about as fatty as you can get. They even hold a flame. I think crisps are the wrong thing to be avoiding - 100 calories a day is not the issue. Do you eat a lot of potato/red meat? Pastry?

The walkers Baked crisps are alright. Though I swear the only reason each bag has less calories is because you only get about 5 fecking crisps in there.

Th Eat Natural range is pretty scrummy too. Their breakfast cereal is gorrrrrgeous, and their fruit and nuts bars are worth orgasming for!

But they're not entirely crisp-like, so I'd opt for Bigbird's suggestion of Walkers French Fries - which are uber delicious and under 100 cals!

jack-daniels said:
I go for them little packets of dried fruit. Makes your gob feel like an Arabs flip flop but very healthy!
JD, never having had the experience of tasting an arabs flip flop....eaten many?....and are they any good? :lol: