Is there a good android app for simple woodwork plans?

Slime

LE
I have a chrome book that came with a nice stylus, and would like an app for drawing simple plans for woodwork projects. I don’t kneed anything complicated or fancy, just something that can draw to scale and automatically record/set measurement.

I ‘d want it for simple jobs like basic bookcases, saw sleds or other jigs to make life easier.

It would save time getting a scale rule out and drawing plans, or designing something in my head………..and needing to remember what I had designed.

All of the apps I’ve looked at so far:
Wont work on the chrome book.
Are rubbish with poor reviews.
Are over complex with not enough instructions to make it worth learning how they work.

As I have normally used ipads I havent had a stylus or separate keyboard to help with plan making, and am hoping someone knows of a simple app that will do want I want.

Even being able to easily plan cuts in 8 x 4 sheets would be a bonus :)

Ive spent around an hour and a half looking at various CAD or drawing apps, and was surprised to find many of them are just ready made plans or sets of tech instructions, and no use whatsoever for drawing.

Slime

LE
Sketchup possibly.

I had a look at the app version earlier, but couldn’t figure it out or get it to actually do anything.

Thst could just be me, or that the app version isn’t very good.

I had a look at the app version earlier, but couldn’t figure it out or get it to actually do anything.

Thst could just be me, or that the app version isn’t very good.
I’ve only used the free PC version, year 7 kids managed to work it without much help.

Slime

LE
I’ve only used the free PC version, year 7 kids managed to work it without much help.

I’m not as good as a year 7 kid :)

What do the kids actually use it for?

Slime

LE
Year 7 as an intro to CAD, some Yr 10s designed body shells for RC cars and blagged Ricoh to 3D print them.

Are they using a version for windows/mac (like the PC version you mention’ only, or an android version that would work on a chrome book?

I might have another look at it tomorrow. :)
I gave up searching earlier tonight. Many of the apps I looked at weren’t much more than woodwork related calculator tools, and just being able to do basic maths negated their usefulness.

Are they using a version for windows/mac (like the PC version you mention’ only, or an android version that would work on a chrome book?

I might have another look at it tomorrow. :)
I gave up searching earlier tonight. Many of the apps I looked at weren’t much more than woodwork related calculator tools, and just being able to do basic maths negated their usefulness.
Windows version. I’ve not tried any android version. I generally use a laptop and the windows version of ‘2d design’ for working out woodworking and welding stuff (lengths and angles, clearances etc). The files will transfer straight to printer, plotter and laser cutter.

Slime

LE
Windows version. I’ve not tried any android version. I generally use a laptop and the windows version of ‘2d design’ for working out woodworking and welding stuff (lengths and angles, clearances etc). The files will transfer straight to printer, plotter and laser cutter.

Thanks for your info.
I'll have another look at it tomorrow :)

Slime

LE
Today I looked again for android apps. While Sketchup is available as a PC app, it isn't available as an android app.

Latest Threads