Is there a certain way of doing your laces?

Yes, you probably think im an idiot for asking this but i'm a new recuit and just wanted to ask if you had to do them in a certain way? or what would be the best way.

Some guys have told me it doesn't matter aslong as you comfitable, others say they suppose to be done a certain way.

Do them which ever way seems the most comfortable.

msr

BBear

LE
Kit Reviewer
The only thing i'd say is avoid that funny one lace way of doing them. As in tie a knot in one end and thread the rest through the boot, wrapping the rest round your leg. I've seen a guy loose his boot in a marsh when he did his laces like that!

(Sorry if that doesn't make sense, but hey ho!)

msr said:
Do them which ever way seems the most comfortable.

msr
Ignore him he's winding you up.

Yes, there are Queen's Regs on this and other aspects of dress. The Regs concerned are called "Ladypart" regulations.

Next time you're in the TA Centre, ask the Squadron/Company Sergeant Major to see the Ladypart regulations. You're entitled to do so.

Can you still tie boots in that wierd way?

I would have thought the new boots with metal bits would have stoppe dthat.

Never did understand the "one lace" way? Always took longer to tie than the conventional way.

chocolate_frog said:
Never did understand the "one lace" way? Always took longer to tie than the conventional way.
Here is the (possibly bollocks i.e. aprocryphal) reason why.

You should tie your laces up thusly in order to prevent Ghurkas slicing your throat in the night while you sleep soundly in the harbour area. Traditionally, they were taught to identify sleeping British soldiers by their lace pattern...

Proximo said:
You should tie your laces up thusly in order to prevent Ghurkas slicing your throat in the night while you sleep soundly in the harbour area. Traditionally, they were taught to identify sleeping British soldiers by their lace pattern...
SSHHHHH you! We all know gurkas arn't real! your just trying to scare him!

Proximo said:
chocolate_frog said:
Here is the (possibly balls i.e. aprocryphal) reason why.

Ha Ha I heard that one!!! Always dismissed it as utter sh1te. Anyway you could achieve that look without the "one lace" being used.

My god has it really come to this? I'm posting on a thread about fucckin laces on a Friday night. And whats worse is your lot are reading it! Yes I mean YOU!!

Proximo said:
chocolate_frog said:

Or tie them in a way that compliments the lace hole geometry of the boot, giving greater stability and support to the ankle when carrying loads?

Just go with whatever sounds more plausible.

i may be getting wah'ed here but who the fcuk uses more than one lace to tie a boot or is it you dont use any? all the ways i can think of use one lace per boot.

i'm very confused.

I_G

have a look at this

ifrits_ghost said:
i may be getting wah'ed here but who the fcuk uses more than one lace to tie a boot or is it you dont use any? all the ways i can think of use one lace per boot.

i'm very confused.

I_G
I use unicorn hair soaked in griffin tears.

hogspawn said:
I use unicorn hair soaked in griffin tears.
Cheapskate! Laces made of the Pubic hair of mermaids is sooo much better!

Use the Combat lacing system in the field that way you can change your socks quicker, use Kings leg in Barracks i.e. one end knotted and then threading all the way up the boot.
It is a pain in the arse but i beleive that was always the tradition.
Look up Army lacing in the link supplied by another user, that is combat lacing.
Or was when i were younger.

RCGJ.

forniup said:
Proximo said:
chocolate_frog said:

Ha Ha I heard that one!!! Always dismissed it as utter sh1te. Anyway you could achieve that look without the "one lace" being used.

My god has it really come to this? I'm posting on a thread about fucckin laces on a Friday night. And whats worse is your lot are reading it! Yes I mean YOU!!
My bold.
But if you laced up both ends you would end up with a bow sticking out of your puttees, and that just wasn't right. (no criss-cross and no bows).

Yes, and what’s even worse is that I’m responding!

What a pile of crock thread...quote...."Is there a certain way of doing your laces" ...please if there is a divine... :roll:

Laces are so yesterday. I use cable ties, They gaurantee that the boot will not become loose when tabbing long distances. Ask your CQMS for 2 pairs of combat cable ties. They're the dogs danglies.

Might give these a whirl.....

Reckon the Sgt Maj would be well happy.

zipper lacing

double cross lacing

from the link above.

The much quoted one lace method was always traditionally used with ammo boots,boots DMS etc.,seemed to draw sides of boots together tighter improving waterproofing.Although there was not much chance bumping into patrols of Gurkhas on, for example ,Soltau,I've heard it was easier to cut your boot off should that have been neccessary on medical grounds.Good luck.