Is the worm finally begining to turn?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ord_Sgt, Mar 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Have the population really had enough and are starting to turn on this mendacious lot?

The daily hate I know, but even a broken watch is right twice a day. ;)
  2. Britain has deliberatly been made an unsefe place by Labour so they can"justify" intrusive surveillence.

A couple of examples of how unsafe Britain has become under Labour,

No control of the borders,so terrorists have almost unfettered access to Britain.

A liberal CPS and judicial system which provides almost no deterrent to crime,resulting in the law-abiding majority feeling unsafe,which in itself enhances support for "initiaves" for crime supression.
  3. I don't think it's deliberate, it's incompetence.
  4. I disagree, I believe it is deliberate and pre-meditated.
    I believe that this government under Balir and Brown have a deep seated belief that the people of Britain are there to do their bidding and be obedient to the state.
    By starting with small and seemingly reasonable things like Gatso's they have almost succeded, every aspect of life is tightly controlled by the state (as long as you are relatively honest). The redistribution of wealth via tax-credits does the same thing, its keeps the masses dependant on the state and therefor compliant.
    The tragedy of it all is that it has pretty much worked, they have managed to create an apathetic public that is subservient to the state. Almost.
  5. I'm going with incompetance, I honestly don't believe the Government has the brains to think of such a complicated and drawn out conspiracy.
  6. Excellent piece by Charlie Brooker there! Politicians take us for mugs and treat us like sh1t... they have done for year.

Although... surprise, surprise ... at election time they are suddenly our best friends and explain (ever so condescendingly) how much they have done for us all these years!
  7. Thje progressive nibbling away of civil liberties is to calculated to be sown to incompetence.
    The escalation and progress is very deliberate, each step has taken society a littel further down the road to complete dependence on the state. It cannot be anything other than deliberate, the progress has been to steady and calculated for it to be a series of accidents.
  8. Conspirices or incompetence, there is one common denominator which fits both views, and that is the rise in the power of women. The female of the species is by nature a selfish, coniving, intelligent being that wants it's cake and eat it. Parliament is over run by women who have far too much power. They want to know everyone's business and then control it. They are devoid of common sense or a logical thought process and did i mention they are selfish?
    This country is being run by a sex that can't even reverse into a parking space and then go mental once a month.
    Don't get me wrong, I love them to bits and wouldn't shag anything else, but ask yourself this; why is it called a NANNY state.
  9. I hope everyone, and I mean everyone (Sven, Ashie & co), that poo-poohed those of us who said all of that thin-end-of-the-wedge stuff over the last 10+ years have the decency to eat their own fecking words now.

Probably a bit of a tall order though...
  10. You'll be lucky :D
    I would imagine it will all be labled a tin foil inspired, fact free pile of bollox, we can then all forget about it and carry on being indoctrinated.