Is the use of propecia acceptable in the army

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by tomsim, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the use of propecia acceptable in the army, I dont no whether to put it down on my medical questionnaire. As I am on a repeat prescription for it.

2. But will it stop me gettin in if I put it down as it ask if your taking any regular medication.

3. Honesty is Key tell them what they want to know, If your concerned stop taking it. Tell them that you can stop taking it if it is a bar to entry.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It will pretty much screw up your chances of entry if you are taking it (on a repeat prescription) and you don't mention it!

5. Har loss or not I'd stop taking it if I were you:

If you're on it, declare it. Otherwise stop taking it; baldness isn't that bad. Saves a fortune on shampoo.

6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Once you're in, your medical needs are managed by the Army. Repeat prescriptions included. If your taking it now, and need to continue taking it then (as long as it isn't a bar to entry) you need to tell them so you can still get hold of it!

If it is a bar to entry, and you can't discontinue using it, then other employment must be saught, I'm afraid.

7. How come do the army doctors check your medical files? after they get this form.

8. ok Thanks I think I may just stop using it to avoid any complications don't want to get delayed or rejected because of it.

9. you will still probably have to declare that you have used it.

10. IIRC, they will ask you, at some point in the process, for your permission for them to access to your civilian medical record. I am not aware what happens if you refuse (I assume they put a hold on your application.)

11. It's prescription: declare it - if you don't you can drop yourself right in the brown and sticky.

Go to your doctor and ask him/her if it will be a drama during your application. (Every time I see my CivQuack I check whether I need to notify the Medical Officer on camp.) If there are any dramas your doctor should be able to advise you in advance of any possible dramas. You could get a letter from your doctor listing all the meds, dates, symptoms, etc, etc, of your case and take it to your medical.

12. ok thanks to get the medical question form filled in have people booked an appointment to see there gp or just spoken to the reception staff at the doctors to ask if they wil pass it on?

13. Some health centres/practices charge for a medical form, £10 - £15, if you ask the reception staff to get the doctor to sign what they've filled out.

Book an appointment to speak to your doctor about any concerns you've raised on here, then hand him the form and say could I have that in writing? Might get it done for free but he can also then be more specific with the form and hopefully stop you having to go back again and again.