Is the urine sample at adsc a drug test or not

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by billy12292, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi im joining up and shortly will be going to adsc and was wondering if the urine sample is for drugs, as im quite happy that its not but if anyone actually knows yes or no for definate please let me know. thanks. :)
  2. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

From memory, they check for sugar (i.e. diabetes) and protein (hyperproteinuria) and maybe some other stuff, not drugs. Legally, i think they have to warn you before they perform a drugs test.

I could be wrong.
  3. one guy at our selection had to do the urine test at the end of selection because his protien levels were too high on day 1, but answer to your question have not got a clue whether its for drugs or not
  4. Sorry to burst your bubble but its a drugs test also, not well publicised after 198,378 jocks all pencilled in for basic hightailed it back over the border in 1998, I myself was unfortunately picked up by this test, they accurately pinpointed my single, brief encounter with an old towel and a can of butane gas 5 years before
  5. Maybe don't take drugs. Then theres no need to worry :roll:
  6. Firstly, as far as I am aware, it’s not a drug test. It is just part of the medical. Like Fronty said it is to test for diabetes and hyperproteinuria.

Secondly, why you bothered, it shouldn’t matter if it is a drug test or not.
  7. Simply put, no its not, but if your asking about it.....
  8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No, its a pregancy test.
  9. How about stop snorting lines of coke of toilet lids you biff.
  10. As has been mentioned before it is not a drugs test but if you are so worried about failing a test before even joining i'm guessing its only a matter of time before you get caught out!

They call it zero tolerance for a reason.
  11. Also anyone called William/Billy born 12/02/1992 will now be drugs tested as soon as they join because contrary to popular belief the army aren't 'that' stupid.

Put the Spliff down and go for a run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.